01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Network unstable problem

Elastic

Hi,

I have 4 cameras connect via ip, using the hik vision app on my iPhone iOS 13.1.3

Sometimes I can only get one cam working, other times none.
They keep saying ‘network is unstable connecting again’

any ideas how to fix this?
There always seems to be a problem with these cams, had them for about a year and it’s rare all 4 work.

If your phone is connected via GPRS or EDGE it may account for the connection failure. 3G and up is preferable for smooth streaming.

Do you have an NVR?
Can you please share the model numbers of your Hikvision devices?

Not sure what NVR is to be honest. From what I know I have 4 cams, connected to a router in the loft and a digital recorder in my lounge.
I’ll get all info for you later when I’m home.
thanks

Try running Hikvision's SADP utility on a PC or Mac on your network, it will scan your network and report which devices you have connected.

NB
If your cameras are direct wired to the camera ports on the rear of the NVR then SADP will not show them.
To see those you will need to login to your NVR via a browser (preferably Internet Explorer) and check Config -> Camera Management

I have just noticed when I go to the app settings and to WiFi, it says you need to connect your phone to a WiFi network first, well I have, but it just sits there in iPhone settings doing nothing.

My WiFi is working fine here, so is my 4g. but only 1 cam shows on my hik connect app, keeps saying network is unstable, connecting again.

This is what I get when I try and go to wifi settings on the app. Even if I click ok, it does nothing. It just goes to my phones settings and sits there until I go back to the app and that question box remains.

Attachments

• 45394B87-83A6-4278-81F9-CC0E3A7215A2.png
    45394B87-83A6-4278-81F9-CC0E3A7215A2.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 2,439
Check/try the following:
  • Make sure the cams and NVR are on the latest firmware
  • Re-install the Hik-Connect app
  • Try on a different mobile device, Android if possible
  • Check you internet router allows ports 30K-60K to be opened
  • Some mobile networks restrict port forwarding and may throttle certain traffic, if possible try another provider
  • Disable hardware decoding in the app if you have it on (long shot)

thx, i have reinstalled app, no joy, can't try android but i have tried my iPad and partners iPhone, same result.
Will check other points tomorrow.
I think i need to get to the hit connect program via the recorder on my main tv. Then i might be able to change ip address and make sure its matching my current ip.
Not really confident with all this to be honest but im sure it'll get there.

Is there a hik vision help number or something? Im fed up with this. I have 3 out of 4 cams not working and can’t get the damn things working...
all 3 say ’no link’ on the main cam page on my nvr screen

Hikvision does have technical support numbers - Are you based in the UK?
Some of their technical support centers only respond to registered agents so it's best to contact the seller first.
If the seller is not an option, send me a private message with your email and I'll do what I can to put you in touch with their technical team.

Back