01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Networking my Hikvision NVR to 3 TVs around my house?

Mike Langdale

Hi. I have a hikvision nvr currently running 9 camaras. I want dedicated TVs for this in the house how do I stream simultaneously to all three. Thanks. Mike

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Easiest way would be to buy a DVB modulator and feed the signal into your TV system. Break into your aerial feed and loop it through the modulator, connect the HDMI from the NVR to it and then just set it up to a spare digital channel - I use 800. That will get the signal to each TV in 1080P resolution. There's a very slight delay, so on mine I have looped the HDMI through the modulator so that my main TV where I will use the mouse on the NVR is directly connected via HDMI input (no lag)

Alternatively you could use a 4 way HDMI splitter on the HDMI output of the NVR then add use CAT 5 HDMI extenders between the splitter and each TV, but you'd need to route the CAT 5's. Modulator is easiest - I use Technomate TM-RF HD IR

Last edited:
Easiest way would be to buy a DVB modulator and feed the signal into your TV system. Break into your aerial feed and loop it through the modulator, connect the HDMI from the NVR to it and then just set it up to a spare digital channel - I use 800. That will get the signal to each TV in 1080P resolution. There's a very slight delay, so on mine I have looped the HDMI through the modulator so that my main TV where I will use the mouse on the NVR is directly connected via HDMI input (no lag)

Alternatively you could use a 4 way HDMI splitter on the HDMI output of the NVR then add use CAT 5 HDMI extenders between the splitter and each TV, but you'd need to route the CAT 5's. Modulator is easiest - I use Technomate TM-RF HD IR

Thanks for your help. I have already run cat 5 cable to the various location so all I need is a hdmi splitter? Is there any you recommend.

Thanks for your help. I have already run cat 5 cable to the various location so all I need is a hdmi spitler? Is there any you recommend.

You’ll need a 1 in 4 out splitter and then also for each link a HDMI over CAT5 transmitter/receiver. There’s plenty to choose from on Amazon or alternatively try www.lindy.co.uk

Another benefit of injecting the HDMI into the aerial feed is that if your sets have picture in picture capability, you can view your usual HDMI input for Sky, Virgin etc while having the CCTV channel picture in picture. I don’t think many sets will allow you to have a HDMI input selected while viewing another PiP

Last edited:
Back