01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New 8MP Camera not giving me smooth playback / Motion Blue / Ghosting

virdi

Hi all,

So I have a new DS-2CD2385G1-I. The camera on the whole gives a lovely clear image and the night vision is the best I have ever seen!

But I have noticed that on playback I am getting a lot of ghosting / motion blur when cars or people are going by.

I have also noticed that when trying to playback on my PC using IE Browser ...again it's not playing back smoothly. Stuttering etc.. Playback on iOS app is smooth ...but still getting motion blur / ghosting on moving objects etc...

Any help would be appreciated

I am on the latest FW and here are my settings:

hik_settings.jpg

Last edited:
Could you upload an example screenshot please?
"On playback" - how are you recording please?
Could this be a PC capability issue?
If you have an NVR, do you see the same on a direct connected monitor?
What lens/focal length is your camera please?

Hi,

I am recording to NVR (7732) - The camera is 2.8mm

Here is sample:

ghosting.jpg

What firmware version are you running on your camera and NVR please?

all the latest I beleive

NVR - V4.1.64 build 190119

Camera - V5.83 build 190221

Thanks

ok - So I think things are looking better.

I updated the NVR to latest FW and also set the camera to H.265. Playback now seems ok.

...still getting a little odd bit of stutter /freezing every 30-40 seconds intermittently

Maybe your NVR is having trouble with the frame rate. Try lowering it to 15fps and see if that fixes it. If so, raise the frame rate incrementally until the problem returns, then go back to the last one that worked.

I don’t understand why the Hik 8MP cameras only record at 20fps when set to full resolution?

I don’t like that jitter effect. 25FPS is smooth ;)

It takes a lot of processing power to cope with 4K video at 25fps.

You shouldn't see jitter at 20fps?

I had the same issue, so I contacted hikvision directly, I ran it at 20fps and bitrate at 4096, then once it's smooth, try increasing the bitrate.

On the higher bitrate, I do find it slower for liveview/playback as it has much bigger filesize per second to stream.

Try this, set the frame rate and the I Frame Interval both to 20. Test that and see. If it still ghosts, keep the frame rate and I Frame rate interval at 20 but drop the bitrate to 4096. If that makes an improvement we can adjust from there. Keep us posted.

I also have the same behaviour on the same camera.. running on h265+ I had occasional dropped frames, changed to h264 thinking it may help but it was worse as I then had occasional dropped frames and the ghosting/glitches, changed it to h265 (not 265+) and it’s ok most of the time, but every now and then the play back does drop a few frames, but you don’t get the ghosting. My camera and NVR is on latest firmware. The issue is apparent on playback via all methods including downloaded file playback.

Last edited:
Hi,

The way I got mine going was:
Upgrade camera and NVR to latest FW.
Now using H.265 not H.265+
Turned max bitrate down to 5120
Resolution is still highest. 3840x2160

Thx

Back