01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New AcuSense G2 Cameras with DVR Issue

lau110

Hi all,

We've just got some new HikVision DS-2CD2386G2-IU cameras, however there seems to be an issue with their compatibility with our DS-7216HUHI-K2 DVR. After adding the cameras to the unit the options suddenly disappeared in the DVR for the human and vehicle detection in events after showing for a short time. The DVR being one of the newer models to my understanding does support "human and vehicle files" as these options are always accessible in the GUI. I cannot seem to find any information on this? Any light on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi @lau110,

With IP CCTV setups, you need an I-Series NVR to be able to support AcuSense features on a camera. I assume that the case is the same with analogue, I'm afraid, which would mean that your K-Series doesn't support those features.

I would double-check this with Hikvision directly or your supplier though, as it is strange that you see those options in the local GUI.

Your 7216HUHI-K2 is a HD TVI DVR as opposed to an IP NVR. It's primarily designed to accept HD TVI cameras connected via coaxial cable and supports human and vehicle detection on those compatible HD TVI cameras. Although the HUHI-K2 allows you to add a number of IP cameras such as 2386G2 models you've mentioned, the human and vehicle detection won't work as the camera and DVR are different technologies.

Back