01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New cctv system - HiWatch analogue 4MP - any advice please?

Jasondevon

Hi there, new member here. I wondered if I could get some advice? I am looking at installing a new cctv system, I don’t know a great deal about the systems but I am confident to install myself. I have found a system which is this... Kit de vidéosurveillance HiWatch - 4 caméras 2 dômes 2 tubes 4 Mp + enregistreur HD-TVI, A-HD, HD-CVI et IP + DD 1 To
I can get this system for £250. I would like the system to record video up to 20 meters day and night, do you think picture quality would be good on this system? And overall quality? Any advice greatly received
Jason

Hi @Jasondevon

We would be very wary of using the system you have linked to for your requirements for multiple reasons:

1) HiWatch Solution - HiWatch is Hikvision cheap, consumer range which is designed to compete with brands like Swann, D-Link, etc... and so the build quality of both the camera housings and the hardware inside the cameras/DVR is cheaper and lower quality.

2) Spec Limitations - Looking at the spec details for the cameras & DVR in the above link it would appear to suggest that the cameras are 4MP but the DVR only supports up to 1080p (2MP) resolution and so you would not get the max. resolution from the cameras, also the cameras have a max. IR range of 20m which technically will reach the range you need but these measurements are always an 'up to' measurement which means that with a clear line of sight the camera can see to this distance at night but the clarity of anything at this distance will be low and any obstacles in front of the camera (e.g. trees, fences, signposts, etc...) that may bounce IR light back at the camera will also reduce the cameras maximum IR range.

3) Analog - If you are installing a CCTV system we would only recommend an analog COAX system like this if you either already had old COAX/analog cable and equipment installed or if you are in a very remote location without good network access. If you do have network access and this is a completely new install then we would always recommend installing an IP network solution, the equivalent IP solution to the analog kit linked above is listed below:

1 x DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) 4-Channel NVR
2 x DS-2CD2345FWD-I 4MP Turret Camera(4mm)
2 x DS-2CD2065G1-I 6MP Mini Bullet (4mm)
1 x 1TB Western Digital Purple HDD
4 x 20m Cat6 Network Cables

Thank you for the reply @Dan , I will have a look at the items you have have kindly listed for me. I will probably return with a few more questions once I have read through the info on said items.
much appreciated
Jason

Back