01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New DS-2CD2347G1-L will not connect to NVR

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
I've got an I series NVR on firmware 4.50.000, with eight 2355 G1's attached. I just bought this 2347 to try it out. I simply removed one 2355 and attached the 2347, assuming the PNP would take care of it. On the NVR GUI it just constantly says "detecting IP camera" and goes nowhere. I did a hard reset of the new camera but that did not help. I initially verified through the NVR GUI that the new camera has the same IP address as the old 2355. After the hard reset the NVR changed the camera's IP address slightly, to 192.168.254.2, where before it was ".20". I verified that the new camera does not have an IP address that is the same as any other camera. What am I doing wrong? Camera is new from an authorized dealer in the US.

Update: I took the cam down and used a short premade cable to connect it to the back of my NVR. Same behavior. When I plug my old 2355 back into that same port it fires right up and works perfectly. I then tried the 2347 on another interior camera location and same behavior. The NVR port on the back does light up yellow and green, but does not blink rapidly like the others.

Do I have to "delete" the old camera first before hooking up the new one? If so, how is that accomplished?

Last edited:
Update - under security, I removed the mac address filtering and for some really strange reason that allowed my new cam to connect. Doesn't make sense, but after 1/2 a day I'm happy. Dan and Phil please feel free to delete this thread. I will do a writeup on the new 2347 vs. the old 2355 tomorrow.

Back