01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry New DS-KV6113 intercom/doorbell system spotted - feed back and issue

If you read the comments and search this forum you’ll find the card that comes with it is to allow programming of other cards only and cannot lock or unlock the unit (only program new cards or tags). Take the master card touch it on the unit (bleep) then touch the new card you want to pair (some sort of beep from memory) then touch master card again (beep) and then the new card or tag will operate the unit
Hi guys! Was wondering if it possible to get a short video clip/photo when the motion detection alarm is triggered if I have a standalone unit? I read through the threads and know it was not available before but given that some time had passed perhaps Hikvision stepped up. I can’t find any useful information but the Hik-Connect App says that when the alarm is triggered a short video will be recorded. I have the outdoor unit without an SD card. I dont have the indoor unit or a NVR or DVR just an iPhone and the Hik-Connect App. Will getting an SD card do anything for me ? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Attachments

• 6BA57DD6-1DBC-47C3-9622-584EB2F7F89B.png
    6BA57DD6-1DBC-47C3-9622-584EB2F7F89B.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 57AC7D63-6262-4DE2-90D1-4D928A8D22C7.jpeg
    57AC7D63-6262-4DE2-90D1-4D928A8D22C7.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 79
I’m afraid not. I connected mine to my NVR which I note you don’t have. You maybe better with a Ring (wash my mouth out now)

I’m afraid not. I connected mine to my NVR which I note you don’t have. You maybe better with a Ring (wash my mouth out now)
OK, so by now I realize that it was a mistake to purchase this device. I have decent wifi signal at my entrance yet the doorbell is so unreliable that it is almost useless. The video does not seem to work and the device is offline more often than not. As I mentioned before I do not have an indoor unit but I am wondering if getting one would make the device work like a regular doorbell without wifi. I have a UTP cable coming into the house from the doorbell, could I hook an indoor unit onto the other end and bypass the wifi issue? I would like to be able to carry a two way conversation, open the door and maybe see who I am talking to. Would an indoor unit allow me to do that or should I just scrap the whole thing and install a bell push ?

An indoor would allow it to work perfectly as a screen that receives the call, communicate with the door station and if you connect a suitable lock (to the outdoor unit) you can open the door from the indoor unit, and if it’s on wifi all the same via the app on your phone. If you have a data cable coming through from the unit as you suggest just connect it directly into your network or router somewhere and then you won’t have any wifi issues.

An indoor would allow it to work perfectly as a screen that receives the call, communicate with the door station and if you connect a suitable lock (to the outdoor unit) you can open the door from the indoor unit, and if it’s on wifi all the same via the app on your phone. If you have a data cable coming through from the unit as you suggest just connect it directly into your network or router somewhere and then you won’t have any wifi issues.
Thanks for the quick reply! I will give it a try than.

Back