01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry New DS-KV6113 intercom/doorbell system spotted - feed back and issue

fin

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I was just about to purchase the second generation intercom system for my home, I'd been dragging my feet for months due to the size of the outdoor unit, despite it being rather ascetically pleasing i also wanted a card reader module so it became a 2 gang unit and there rather large and i felt would look out of place on my front door, this morning i went onto the Hikvision website to check part numbers before i ordered as there is the IP or the 2 wire setup, however i spotted this;

Spoke to the team here however its not yet on the UK market and they will email when it is. Has anyone managed to get hold of one and any thoughts. This is more suited to my needs, has a door release contacts and card reader built in, very nice piece of kit i look forwards to getting my hands on

So I’ve bought and installed one of these in the UK.

I thought I’d put a few notes on to help others who might buy one as the UK dealers know nothing about how this item works as yet, and I’ll ask for some help on my issues I’m unable to overcome.

Well the item is very slick has an in built card reader and 1 door/gate opening relay.

if someone wanted to setup and use this device you can do without an indoor monitor and use IMS4200 however note it will not connect to the Hik-Connect app. i wanted this function so I bought a indoor unit 6320 and it now works with the Hik-connect app.

When you log into your DVR under IoT you can search operations of the access control and cards etc which is good although it doesn’t take the names you programme in IMS4200 just the card number.

I was warned the the WiFi was not enabled as yet in the UK, I’m not using this but the current software update on the uk Hik-connect server opens this option.

You have a master card to programme cards at random however you can programme without via the web app or IMS4200.

You do not need a card reader to programme cards, when in IMS4200 programming cards you can select it to read cards from the unit and this works perfectly, I have programmed 1k standard size cards and generic key ring mini fobs

I previously had the ring doorbell so attached it to the bracket from that as I didn’t want it flat to the wall, so I turned the bracket the wrong way round so I had something to fix into, which worked well with my door however the pictures look worse then the actual reality

Attachments

• 4394F661-4D66-4DDC-8A6E-CB234E0951B3.png
    4394F661-4D66-4DDC-8A6E-CB234E0951B3.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 1,841
  • 9BAB5037-EE72-477F-953A-61837B96C66C.png
    9BAB5037-EE72-477F-953A-61837B96C66C.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 1,963
So the current issue I have are;

you are able to add additional camera to be viewed from the 6230, when I add an ANPR camera 2cd4a26fwd it works perfectly on port 554, although it’s not the camera I want to view, when I am any of my several 2Cd2385 I get an error of network exception. I though it might be because they are set to 256+ however that is not it, they are on port 554 like the other anpr camera’s but I cannot get them to work.

my second problem is where to put my memory card, in the outdoor unit/indoor unit or both?

Currently I can see missed calls however only a photo as my attachment and I’m not able to review these in anyway, note the grey out playback tab at the bottom. Should it show me a video and or let me search video on the unit. I cannot find any settings for this

Attachments

• 5FD5E34E-DDAB-4756-B5DF-3DF352CEBDF6.png
    5FD5E34E-DDAB-4756-B5DF-3DF352CEBDF6.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 587
  • 26DE600A-E4E6-488C-804D-876C8ABADC26.png
    26DE600A-E4E6-488C-804D-876C8ABADC26.png
    938.3 KB · Views: 574
So the current issue I have are;

you are able to add additional camera to be viewed from the 6230, when I add an ANPR camera 2cd4a26fwd it works perfectly on port 554, although it’s not the camera I want to view, when I am any of my several 2Cd2385 I get an error of network exception. I though it might be because they are set to 256+ however that is not it, they are on port 554 like the other anpr camera’s but I cannot get them to work.

my second problem is where to put my memory card, in the outdoor unit/indoor unit or both?

Currently I can see missed calls however only a photo as my attachment and I’m not able to review these in anyway, note the grey out playback tab at the bottom. Should it show me a video and or let me search video on the unit. I cannot find any settings for this
Hi Fin

I just saw your post since you don't mention as DS-KV6113-WPE.

I have two of them.
One connected on Indoor Station DS-KH8301-WTS and one as spare after a failure occurred by enabling Semi-Digital mode in Advanced Settings during experimenting to fix Infra Red problem because of a faulty initial firmware. Anyway I managed to fix with a serial connection, putty and tftd32. Opening device does not allow me anymore to send back to seller.
The device works flawlessly in combination with the Indoor Station but there is a huge problem with Hik-Connect app and iVMS4500 app. When you buy a Doorbell you buy a Doorbell. You do not by a camera. Both apps do not support bell ringing and intercom(ring, answer, unlock etc) on smartphone or tablet, if device is connected only on local network. I do not accept this and I did not know before buying, because Hikvision hides this restriction.
The other problem is that the device is not recognized by Hikvision servers and the result is that this cannot be connected on them. The user manual lies on page 23 about Platform access that provides you an option to manage the devices via platform. There is no option in Basic Configuration.
The only way, as you mention above, is to connect the Indoor Station DS-KH8301-WTS on Hik-Connect server and after that you can receive a call on your smartphone or tablet. But you cannot always be connected on Hikconnect servers. You connect on those servers only when you are away from home since privacy is an issue and also there is a huge bandwidth consumption especially if your broadband dsl is 1mbps upload.
There are no settings for video recording on Indoor Station. You can record only on iVMS4200, iVMS4500 and Hik-Connect apps. But also there does not exist and option to record on motion detection or ring "detection".
I cannot help you about your 4K cameras.
The wifi also has an issue. If your router password contains a character like @ % & etc you cannot connect through basic configuration but only through advanced configuration which, according to Hikvision, is not allowed to be used since this causes issues.
I should never buy and spent so many if I knew that Hik-Connect cannot be used in local network. There are cheaper options to buy. Complete Intercom systems with 100 pounds, not hikvision 400 pounds, that support local network without servers hikvision or ezvizlife or whatever

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a DS-KV6113-WPE1 and I'm trying to add the included mifare card.
I click on "issue card" under the intercom section and place the card over the door bell, 2 bip come out but the card issued is not opening the relay, anyone have had this problem?

Fw version: V2.1.5 build 200107

Thank you very much in advance!
Bye bye

Last edited:
That is a master programming card as noted in the instructions, you cannot add it as it is used to programme other cards. You need to buy some cards or tags, then place the programming card on the reader you hear the bleeps, place a blank card on and then you hear a single bleep I think, and the place the programming card on for a second time and it has programmed the new card

Then put it back in the box and send for a refund before you realise it doesn’t work with the Hik-Connect app to answer and unlock calls since the Hikvision updated app. And it has never been able to record videos, decent photos or do motion detection unless it’s connected to a NVR, I have no ports left so I’m not happy as I only bought a 7708ni i4

My door bell is fully working with Hikvision Hik-Connect app (v4.5.0).
Why you are saying that it doesn't work?

Since the update it now rings as a phone call (iPhone) The majority of the time it then allows you to open the app in the call and it then doesn’t open the correct part of the app so you cannot see who’s at the door or talk to them correctly as you used to be able to.

It doesn’t record videos even with the internal screen and memory cards in both units, it does however if you connect to a NVR and let the NVR record it but you cannot just go to an event in the simple way like on a Ring doorbell. See my other posts on it

Since the update it now rings as a phone call (iPhone) The majority of the time it then allows you to open the app in the call and it then doesn’t open the correct part of the app so you cannot see who’s at the door or talk to them correctly as you used to be able to.

It doesn’t record videos even with the internal screen and memory cards in both units, it does however if you connect to a NVR and let the NVR record it but you cannot just go to an event in the simple way like on a Ring doorbell. See my other posts on it

I don't agree with your description, I have just tested the situation, I'm out and connected to internet with my smartphone (Android), ask to ring the door bell from home, after the forwarding time set, my smartphone rung and next I've pressed on the notification and it shows me the video and I can open and reply.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200618-211437__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200618-211437__01.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 524
  • Screenshot_20200618-211424__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200618-211424__01.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 457
That’s exactly how the iPhone app was until about a week ago. It now rings like a phone call and let’s you open the app from the ringing screen so they’ve done some integration with the Apple software, however it opens in your app in a random position not like your screen like it did up until the update.

Attachments

• 13C91C9E-470C-47DB-BFD8-E14B4ABC5DCF.png
    13C91C9E-470C-47DB-BFD8-E14B4ABC5DCF.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 386
  • 4125E6CB-E5C3-472F-9A92-02F7F89FCFF7.png
    4125E6CB-E5C3-472F-9A92-02F7F89FCFF7.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 376
That’s exactly how the iPhone app was until about a week ago. It now rings like a phone call and let’s you open the app from the ringing screen so they’ve done some integration with the Apple software, however it opens in your app in a random position not like your screen like it did up until the update.

Yes. Now I've understood, I hope Hikvision will invastigate about it, and let's see if they will fix this problem.

I’m experiencing exactly the same with my door phone. It’s incredibly annoying and had I not just flush mounted the outdoor unit, I would have already returned it. Any way we can report this?

I have sent a big report to support at hikvision dot com and support-eu at hikvision dot com with a link to this forum. If there are others experiencing this, please report it to the addresses above. This is such a stupid bug and should have been caught at QA

Do you have Face ID to unlock set within the hikvision app? I did and I have removed this, it make it work slightly better as a temp fix.

To be fair the fact the memory cards do nothing so I cannot review events as I don’t have it linked to my NVR due to lack of remaining ports is my biggest annoyance with the system

Nope, FaceID isn’t enabled in the app.

I don’t have an NVR, but I think the door phone doesn’t need to be connected directly to the NVR, as long as it’s on the same network.

it is indeed annoying that the indoor screen, although it has an SD slot, doesn’t record video, only pictures.

Hey guys, I just purchased and installed one of these doorbells for the first time. I cannot get it to record to my hikvision NVR. Whenever I set it up to record on my NVR my NVR freezes and reboots in a loop until I disconnect the network from the doorbell or the NVR. I have it configured through a POE switch because I understand the doorbell is dependent on the door station. Also I am wondering, is it possible to have 2 of these doorbells on 1 door station (touch screen control)? Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance!

Back