01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry New DS-KV6113 intercom/doorbell system spotted - feed back and issue

Dear forum members,

I also bought the DS-KV6113.
Earlier I bought some bullet cameras of the type ds-kv2085G1-i and became so enthusiastic about the many possibilities that it was decided to stay with that brand.

My wishes were/are: wired network, power supply 12 Volt, motion detection with recordings on own SD card so that my network is not unnecessarily burdened and simply receive a signal in the home when the doorbell rings. I do not use a mobile phone.
Since there is no switched output to control an existing bell, it was recommended to order an indoor monitor (DS-KH6320-WTE1).

Then came one disappointment after another:
The micro-SD card was once described on the Hikvision website as 128GB but elsewhere (also at Hikvision) as 32GB. I can live with that.
The real disappointment came when the micro-SD card was not mentioned anywhere in the camera's menu.
So you can indicate exactly the area of motion detection and possibly even an alarm will arise, but the micro-SD card remains completely unnamed.

As a test, I placed a 64 GB micro-SD card in the bell camera. And guess what? The format is automatically changed to 32 GB and the card is immediately filled with definition files in format .PIC and .MP4. By definition files I mean reserved files with no content, after all, that 32 GB is "dirty" in seconds. Even after a long time it appears that no file ever contains data. Motion detection apparently has nothing to do with motion picture recording.

As it looks now, this is of no use to. My goal was to stealthily monitor the area around the front door while the device would function as a simple doorbell.

As it looks now, people who ring the doorbell hear the sound of a ringing phone and the only image I see is the momentary picture that the indoor monitor DS-KH6320 provides.

I look forward to your experience.
Warning: my English is such that I let everything go via Google translate.

Sincerely,

Thuur (Netherlands)

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't work out if you are complaining about the lack of SD card recording functionality in the indoor station or the bullet cameras but even the latest "2nd generation" video intercom from Hikvision, the DS-KD8003-IME1, is a useless surveillance device. And Hikvision take great care not to explain in their documentation that video alert recordings aren't possible to the SD card in the indoor station. I would go so far as to call it a scam.

However, if you leave the iVMS-4200 app open on your PC and manually start video recording from the live view then you will end up with 24/7 footage from your door station saved to your hard drive - albeit without any motion alert flags.

Thank you for your response.

I have absolutely nothing to make 24/7 recordings.
My network would be constantly loaded and I wouldn't have the ability to quickly recognize activity.

I don't really feel cheated but am baffled by the carelessness with which this product has been marketed.
I do not expect such a big company in the folders where one moment there is talk about a maximum capacity of 128 GB and then another 32 GB.
And I would also expect that when writing the user manual it should also be noticed that nothing is mentioned about the micro-SD card.
I like the look, the images of excellent quality and I keep hoping that the shortcomings will be fixed as soon as possible in a new firmware.

Hi Fin

I just saw your post since you don't mention as DS-KV6113-WPE.

I have two of them.
One connected on Indoor Station DS-KH8301-WTS and one as spare after a failure occurred by enabling Semi-Digital mode in Advanced Settings during experimenting to fix Infra Red problem because of a faulty initial firmware. Anyway I managed to fix with a serial connection, putty and tftd32. Opening device does not allow me anymore to send back to seller.
The device works flawlessly in combination with the Indoor Station but there is a huge problem with Hik-Connect app and iVMS4500 app. When you buy a Doorbell you buy a Doorbell. You do not by a camera. Both apps do not support bell ringing and intercom(ring, answer, unlock etc) on smartphone or tablet, if device is connected only on local network. I do not accept this and I did not know before buying, because Hikvision hides this restriction.
The other problem is that the device is not recognized by Hikvision servers and the result is that this cannot be connected on them. The user manual lies on page 23 about Platform access that provides you an option to manage the devices via platform. There is no option in Basic Configuration.
The only way, as you mention above, is to connect the Indoor Station DS-KH8301-WTS on Hik-Connect server and after that you can receive a call on your smartphone or tablet. But you cannot always be connected on Hikconnect servers. You connect on those servers only when you are away from home since privacy is an issue and also there is a huge bandwidth consumption especially if your broadband dsl is 1mbps upload.
There are no settings for video recording on Indoor Station. You can record only on iVMS4200, iVMS4500 and Hik-Connect apps. But also there does not exist and option to record on motion detection or ring "detection".
I cannot help you about your 4K cameras.
The wifi also has an issue. If your router password contains a character like @ % & etc you cannot connect through basic configuration but only through advanced configuration which, according to Hikvision, is not allowed to be used since this causes issues.
I should never buy and spent so many if I knew that Hik-Connect cannot be used in local network. There are cheaper options to buy. Complete Intercom systems with 100 pounds, not hikvision 400 pounds, that support local network without servers hikvision or ezvizlife or whatever
Wow ! After many (many!) hours of head-scratching & confusion I think you may have answered what I'm experiencing ! I just purchased a DS-KV6113-WPE thinking, like you stated, that it would ring my mobile phone (YouTube vids and other references showed/suggested this!) and i'm having a nightmare attempting to do this ! I've honed in on "you need to get it on 'Platform Access' in the advanced network settings however I don't have that tab/option in iVMS-4200 (or on the web config page - see attached image). What i'm REALLY interested in is the bit where you say "The only way, as you mention above, is to connect the Indoor Station DS-KH8301-WTS on Hik-Connect server and after that you can receive a call on your smartphone or tablet"... Is there any chance you could advise on how that's done ? Note: My Indoor Station model is DS-KH6320-WTE.

I've also attached the Indoor Station config and can see it's got some server address on it (not sure what that's supposed to be !? Put the address into web browser and that doesn't do anything at all ?! :(

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    329.6 KB · Views: 526
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    60.8 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
Hi @MarkTotnes

You are halfway there with the Hik-Connect setup, you have enabled Hik-Connect in the platform access menu of the Indoor station. (there is no Hik-Connect option in the Intercom settings because the intercom has to be linked to an indoor station and then that indoor station is linked to Hik-Connect)

The next step is that you need to go to the Hik-Connect Portal and login/create an account (if you have already created an account in the Hik-Connect app then it will be the same details for the portal, if you haven't created an account in the app then create one at the portal and then use those same details to login to the app)

Once you are logged in you should see an option to add a device, click this and a box will appear asking you to enter the device serial number which you can find on the label attached to the indoor station or the box it came in.

When you click ok it should find the device as you have enabled Hik-Connect and you should be able to add it to the Hik-Connect account, it may ask you for an encryption/verification code which is simply the code you set when you enabled Hik-Connect on iVMS-4200.

If the device is successfully added you should then be able to access the intercom by logging into the Hik-Connect account on the app and when you press the call button on the intercom it should ring via the Hik-Connect app.

Hi @MarkTotnes

You are halfway there with the Hik-Connect setup, you have enabled Hik-Connect in the platform access menu of the Indoor station. (there is no Hik-Connect option in the Intercom settings because the intercom has to be linked to an indoor station and then that indoor station is linked to Hik-Connect)

The next step is that you need to go to the Hik-Connect Portal and login/create an account (if you have already created an account in the Hik-Connect app then it will be the same details for the portal, if you haven't created an account in the app then create one at the portal and then use those same details to login to the app)

Once you are logged in you should see an option to add a device, click this and a box will appear asking you to enter the device serial number which you can find on the label attached to the indoor station or the box it came in.

When you click ok it should find the device as you have enabled Hik-Connect and you should be able to add it to the Hik-Connect account, it may ask you for an encryption/verification code which is simply the code you set when you enabled Hik-Connect on iVMS-4200.

If the device is successfully added you should then be able to access the intercom by logging into the Hik-Connect account on the app and when you press the call button on the intercom it should ring via the Hik-Connect app.
Hahahahaha - Dan, YOU ARE A STAR ! It was as simple as you said !!!! :)

After soooooo many hours of looking around the web, I'm sure that the link you provided 'Hik-Connect Portal' is the first time i've landed on a page that actually matters !!!!

Holy smokes ! I feel like putting a proper 'How to get a DS-KV6113-WPE to ring your mobile...' document/steps together for any other poor souls out there ! Heck - A lot of people appear to be stating 'it doesn't do it' and 'cant do that' on various groups/forums etc...

Again Dan - Thanks so much for your info !:):):)

PS - How do I award you points ?

Sorry I’ve been away. Unbelievably HIKVISION portal was updated 2 days ago with new firmware so you can connect a 6113 to hik connect without having to have an indoor station so you could save yourself £100

Sorry I’ve been away. Unbelievably HIKVISION portal was updated 2 days ago with new firmware so you can connect a 6113 to hik connect without having to have an indoor station so you could save yourself £100
Thanks for the info fin - As it happens, i'd bought the kit anyway so the indoor station is a part of it (quite like it too ! :)
Next question - I had a look around HikVision portal :
  1. Home » portal » Technical Materials » 07 Video Intercom » 00 Product Firmware » IP Door Bells
for firmware for my 6113 however couldn't seem to find it listed - Am i missing something or would you be able to provide a link ?

Many thanks,

Mark

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a DS-KV6113-WPE1 and I'm trying to add the included mifare card.
I click on "issue card" under the intercom section and place the card over the door bell, 2 bip come out but the card issued is not opening the relay, anyone have had this problem?

Fw version: V2.1.5 build 200107

Thank you very much in advance!
Bye bye
Hi @RF Audio Service (or others)
I have the same issue : the attached MIFARE card sounds 2 bips on registration with the web interface.
I tried with iVMS-4200, following the video here, and my DS-KV6113-WPE1 is not recognized as a card reader (video 7mn 30s) : the list is empty.
A reply was that the provided card was a management card, but on the video it seems to be a classical card.
I tried with an older firmware, reset to factory... same issue

Did you manage to get your card work ?

Best regards
(Sorry for my french english...)

The card that comes in the box can not be used to open the lock, it’s a programming card. You can place that on then the 6113 sensor then place on a fresh card that you need to buy from anywhere including on here, Amazon or ebay then place the management card back on and it confirms the other card, you can repeat this with any other cards you want to add, or you programme through the software or ivms

Thanks for your quick reply @fin ,

I think that there is another problem, because when I want to add a card to a user, I'm supposed to have my DS-KV6113-WPE1 in the list of remote card reader, but the list is empty (see images bellow).
Even if I try to enter a dummy id card, and I try to apply the user to the videophone, I've got an error...

Maybe I'm wrong during the configuration...

Best Regards

Management_Devices.PNG
Person_AddCard_Settings_Devices empty_en.PNG

That’s what I did previously however I’ve just tried to add a new card as a test and it won’t see the door station I go to login and there no details I enter them and it give me an error code of 8207 and won’t connect to it. Since I setup the unit and all the cards IVMS have been updated, not sure if it’s this, try completing the detail of your unit in the login section

Hey guys, I just purchased and installed one of these doorbells for the first time. I cannot get it to record to my hikvision NVR. Whenever I set it up to record on my NVR my NVR freezes and reboots in a loop until I disconnect the network from the doorbell or the NVR. I have it configured through a POE switch because I understand the doorbell is dependent on the door station. Also I am wondering, is it possible to have 2 of these doorbells on 1 door station (touch screen control)? Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance!
Did you work this out???? .................................. it can not be directly connected to the NVR. You need to set up the doorbell on your network & manually enter the IP Address etc of the Doorbell into a Channel of the NVR

That is a master programming card as noted in the instructions, you cannot add it as it is used to programme other cards. You need to buy some cards or tags, then place the programming card on the reader you hear the bleeps, place a blank card on and then you hear a single bleep I think, and the place the programming card on for a second time and it has programmed the new card
Hello,

I'm unable to use the main card as it gives me 2 beeps even after programming. And advice?

Not sure if you’ve reading the post you’ve referenced fully, or I’m not getting it. The master card cannot be used as a card only ever as a programming card to program other new cards to the system.

Not sure if you’ve reading the post you’ve referenced fully, or I’m not getting it. The master card cannot be used as a card only ever as a programming card to program other new cards to the system.
Thanks for your response. I'm not sure if you have seen this video
it shows the main card can be used to open the lock. Am I missing something here?
or this link from the same company Entry by User Card And Password to Hikvision 2nd Gen Modular IP Intercom System Setup - PIPL.SYSTEMS | Security systems

first video doesn’t work and the link which had two videos both showed it being operated with a tag that had been programmed to the intercom. When I say main card, I mean the plain white card that came in the box, this can never be programmed to operate the door on its own. Are we talking about the same thing?

first video doesn’t work and the link which had two videos both showed it being operated with a tag that had been programmed to the intercom. When I say main card, I mean the plain white card that came in the box, this can never be programmed to operate the door on its own. Are we talking about the same thing?
The card that cames in the box never have been working with the intercom, I don't know why but it is true.

If you read the comments and search this forum you’ll find the card that comes with it is to allow programming of other cards only and cannot lock or unlock the unit (only program new cards or tags). Take the master card touch it on the unit (bleep) then touch the new card you want to pair (some sort of beep from memory) then touch master card again (beep) and then the new card or tag will operate the unit

Back