01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New Firmware for G3 Series Cameras - 5.5.150

I tried to unzip the above file in Windows 10, (saved it to my downloads folder and hit "extract all' but it just comes back with the error message that the folder is empty. The other thumbnail images are a little too small to get much from, sorry.

I first started installing Hikvision cameras with the now venerable DS-2CD2032-I when they first came out and thought they were very good cameras for the money with good night and day performance and few irritating anomalies, but I've increasingly found that some better specced later models I've used have been disappointing, especially in their night-time performance, some with annoying multiple internal reflections and some with a peculiar 'fogging' that does not appear to be due to internal condensation etc etc. The DS-2CD2047G2-LU-4mm I recently installed on my test pole is a case in point. Firstly it has very marked barrel distortion on its 4mm lens and the firmware doesn't have a correction algorithm as far as I can see. Apart from the terrible lens distortion, the day-time performance is OK to middling for a 4 megapixel camera, but the night-time performance is frankly not good and displays peculiar 'flare-out' patterns on approaching car headlights, (which might be similar to your problem), on all sorts of settings and the recovery speed is slow so you get very little useful images of passing vehicles, whereas even with the old 12mm 2032s set to 100% WDR and a fast shutter speed I could pick out registration numbers at night even if the vehicle was on main beam and moving at 60mph. Pity you don't seem to be able to get 12mm lens variants anymore. The more things improve, the worse they get, I guess..

Your problem still sounds like a strobe effect to me as the camera frame timebase is not synchronised to the 50Hz, (or 60Hz depending where you are..), mains frequency but is very close to it and that gives the effect of a slowly varying intensity of the lamp that can go from almost out to maximum brightness from frame to frame or over several frames, possibly causing overload and flareout. All I can suggest is that you try temporarily altering the frame frequency standard in the configuration image settings from 50Hz to 60Hz, (or vice-versa..), and see what effect it has..

Last edited:
Back