01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Firmware for K Series 7608/7616 K2 (old version)

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
Just noticed there's another new version of firmware for the original K series NVRs - 8 & 16 channel versions. The new version is 4.31.105_210727 and went on the UK portal yesterday. The release notes are also available and there appear to quite a number of changes/enhancements. The firmware and release notes are available on the UK portal here:

So.... my DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P was happily running V4.30.061 build210313 and never had any issues with previous versions. 6 camera's in total. 1 camera stopped working which I assumed was a hardware failure as this is one of my older camera's.
This week I upgraded to V4.31.105 build210727 and now only 3 out of 6 camera's are working, the other 3 are offline. I've downgraded to the version I was previous running and to the version in between but no joy :(
I've now also done a "restore" to defaults but still only 3 camera's. Any tips, tricks, best practices to get my other camera's back online?

You may have done this but just for starters have you tried swapping the ports around on the back of the NVR to eliminate the possibility of a port failure?

i.e swap one that’s in a working port with one that’s not working.

Also what cameras have you got? Are they up-to-date on the latest firmware?

So.... my DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P was happily running V4.30.061 build210313 and never had any issues with previous versions. 6 camera's in total. 1 camera stopped working which I assumed was a hardware failure as this is one of my older camera's.
This week I upgraded to V4.31.105 build210727 and now only 3 out of 6 camera's are working, the other 3 are offline. I've downgraded to the version I was previous running and to the version in between but no joy :(
I've now also done a "restore" to defaults but still only 3 camera's. Any tips, tricks, best practices to get my other camera's back online?
At a guess - it may be down to how they were added to the system originally - Plug and Play vs Manual. There are a couple of ways you could get them online again. Firstly go into the local menu on the NVR and go to the Camera menu. What information does that give you for the three cameras offline. It'll likely be either Network Abnormal or a password error.

1 - Connect a laptop/PC to one of the two spare PoE ports on the NVR, set the laptops IP address to 192.168.254.250 (puts the laptop on the same network as the NVRs cameras while avoiding a clash with one of the cameras.

2 - Using a free IP scanner (you could use SADP but I find it a bit flakey at times), get the addresses of the affected cameras. Connect to each of the affected cameras using a web browser, login as admin and then go to Maintenance and Reset to defaults. The cameras should reboot and come back online, assigned new addresses using Plug and Play.

3 - If they don't come back online (this sometimes happens when the NVR sees the same camera on it's port following reset with different details) - temporarily connect them into another port, wait for it to come back online, then reconnect it back to the port you want.

I would usually do this a little different to above. I keep a plug in PoE adaptor in my laptop bag (about £12 from Amazon) and would disconnect one camera at a time and carry out the steps above while disconnected from the NVR.

Thank you both for your suggestions. The camera's were working when swapping the ports. All camera's were/are plug and play btw. It was also that just the 3 network ports that were working had blinking lights and the others didn't. I didn't think it was a hardware fault on the NVR as it happened while doing the upgrade.
Long story short. I've done a few more firmware downgrades and upgrades and suddenly my 5 camera's are working again with the "in between" firmware 4.30.071. I'm not going to attempt the latest version now. I will just leave it running as is and skip the current latest version firmware.
My 6th camera is still not working but that is the camera that had already stopped working before my firmware saga. I swapped that camera to a different port but still not working. Will have to take it off the wall and connect it with a new/short cable to the NVR to determine if it's the cable or the camera that is causing the issue there.
Just have to reconfigure all sorts of things now as I done a restore to defaults while troubleshooting

I have now upgraded my two DS-7616NI-K2 with firmware NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.32.115_211129

Change log: "Fix known defects and optimize product performance."

One of the 'new features' is the ability to change user permissions locally. This was always possible previously, then they removed it/messed it up. What that meant was that you could add a user on the local interface, but then had no choice but to use a browser to alter the permissions to suit. I brought that to the attention of Hikvision support (probably more than a year ago) and was just told that "it was supposed to be that way"

Back