01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New G3 Firmware available (for G2 AcuSense models)

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
I noticed this morning that version 5.5.134 has been released for the G2 AcuSense cameras, in both the Eu and UK portals. The release notes don't detail any bug fixes. The main change is that on the version 2 motion detection you're now not restricted to a quadrilateral - it allows a polygon up to 12 points.

A bug I noticed over the last few days with version 5.5.131. If I drew 3 non overlapping quadrilaterals, when I went back to the setup later I'd find that one of the three had been deleted and replaced with rectangle that contained the other two so that the detection overlapped. This can be easily avoided in the new firmware as I should be able to cover the required area with a single polygon. Link to UK ports firmware page below:

how is this firmware going on your G2?

There are a few issues for me.

1 - As posted by another user there’s an issue with the motion detection shape. I can draw a multipoint shape and save it successfully but some time later when you go back to the motion setup screen it’s changed completely - almost like you handed the mouse to a two year old!

2 - Setting the min/max object size on the NVR GUI (7616NI/16P latest firmware) appears to work but when I check directly on the cameras web page - there are no min/max boxes present. This could be a problem with either the NVR or camera firmware- I’ve not tried to test it as yet on a non G2 camera to prove it either way.

3 - 2 way audio either throws an error code in Hik Connect or the speaker is so garbled it’s no use.

4 - Glitchy playback and dropped frames when motion detected. This only affects playback - looks perfect during live view of the main stream. I’ve proven that it’s not the decoding performance of the NVR during playback, by downloading a section of video from the disk and viewing it with VS Player - the dropped frames are still visible so were never recorded to disk. Again it could be the NVR at fault.

Apart from all that it’s great.....

There are a few issues for me.

1 - As posted by another user there’s an issue with the motion detection shape. I can draw a multipoint shape and save it successfully but some time later when you go back to the motion setup screen it’s changed completely - almost like you handed the mouse to a two year old!

2 - Setting the min/max object size on the NVR GUI (7616NI/16P latest firmware) appears to work but when I check directly on the cameras web page - there are no min/max boxes present. This could be a problem with either the NVR or camera firmware- I’ve not tried to test it as yet on a non G2 camera to prove it either way.

3 - 2 way audio either throws an error code in Hik Connect or the speaker is so garbled it’s no use.

4 - Glitchy playback and dropped frames when motion detected. This only affects playback - looks perfect during live view of the main stream. I’ve proven that it’s not the decoding performance of the NVR during playback, by downloading a section of video from the disk and viewing it with VS Player - the dropped frames are still visible so were never recorded to disk. Again it could be the NVR at fault.

Apart from all that it’s great.....
thanks

I am still playing around with my 7616NXI-I2 and Accusense camera. Im having issues getting Audio to record/playback.

Until i can sort that out, ill hold off giving this new FW a try.

thanks

I am still playing around with my 7616NXI-I2 and Accusense camera. Im having issues getting Audio to record/playback.

Until i can sort that out, ill hold off giving this new FW a try.

I've had no issues with recording/playback of audio. Is the audio coming through in the live stream? You should have the following set for it to work:
  1. In Video parameters for both Main Stream and Sub Stream the stream type should be "Video & Audio" as opposed to "Video". That ensures that you get audio while viewing the live stream in both the Clear/Fluent settings on iVMS 4500 app (HD/Standard on Hik-Connect)
  2. For recording and playback. In the Record Schedule for the camera click Advanced and ensure that the "Record Audio" box is checked.
If it's not working at alI..... I briefly had an issue on one of my ColorVu's having no audio out of the box. Log in to the camera itself via a web browser change the audio setting from Mic In to Line In, apply it, then switch it back to Mic In (as it should be) and apply it again. That cured mine and got it working.

Back