01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New G5 Firmware Available - 5.7.2

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
Just a heads up. New G5 platform firmware has appeared on the Hikvision UK website, though not yet on the portal. I'll load it on my cameras (DS-2CD2387G2LU (c) and DS-2CD2347G2LSU/SL (c)) shortly and post back any issues.

Download and release notes here (firmware is for all G5 platform models not just LSU/SL):

Edit:
No obvious changes in the menus.

2347 - I had some issues with the image stuttering on motion previously and that seems to be ok now following update.

2387 - since installation this has had an issue with the image momentarily blanking, going dark as reported in another thread. The update has not helped. This may actually be a faulty camera as it's not a freeze/stutter, more a very brief loss of image.

One anomaly I've noticed on this and the previous firmware is that the recorder switches into Event Encoding Parameters (main stream(event) video settings) when there is motion in the image - even when that motion is outside of the area defined in the settings. For instance a car driving along the road will not trigger an event as it is outside of the detection area I've set and I have the cameras filter set to Human only - however in the Maintenance > System Info > Record screen of the NVR the encoding parameters column switches from Continuous to Event each time a car passes or someone walks past outside the configured area.

Last edited:
Hi JB

There is definitely something weird going on with our ColorVU cameras!

2CD2387G2-LU
Every so often, even with no smart motion detected, the camera momentarily changes the date colour to black (or inverts it) along with the momentary image (dark flash). The issue triggers a recording on the NVR even though there's no motion shown on the VCA rules. Sometimes the date momentarily disappears too. All 3 of my 2387 exhibit this problem so it's unlikely to be a faulty camera.

Thanks for the update about new firmware - I'll try that first.
Then I'm going to turn all the motion detection off.
Then reboot the camera and NVR and see what happens.

Have you tried the latest 4.60.000 NVR firmware?

PB

Last edited:
Hi JB

There is definitely something weird going on with our ColorVU cameras!

2CD2387G2-LU
Every so often, even with no smart motion detected, the camera momentarily changes the date colour to black (or inverts it) along with the momentary image (dark flash). The issue triggers a recording on the NVR even though there's no motion shown on the VCA rules. Sometimes the date momentarily disappears too. All 3 of my 2387 exhibit this problem so it's unlikely to be a faulty camera.

Thanks for the update about new firmware - I'll try that first.
Then I'm going to turn all the motion detection off.
Then reboot the camera and NVR and see what happens.

Have you tried the latest 4.60.000 NVR firmware?

PB
I'm not sure whether to be glad I'm not the only one with this issue or not! The issue is exactly as you describe - it's not a momentary freeze/stutter in the image. It's like the sensor loses its signal for a fraction of a second, and it darkens as though the lights have gone out. I've only installed one of the 2387's at home but have another still in it's box sealed. I'll maybe power that up standalone and connect it directly to MacBook. If I can replicate the issue connected directly like that and capture it, it eliminates everything else as a potential cause.

Yes I installed the 4.60.000 firmware on my I series as soon as it was available - had no real issues with it. The only thing I've noticed is the recording icon flashes a lot when motion is detected (the red clapperboard on the local monitor)

JB, I updated one 2387 to 5.7.2 and installed iVMS 3.6.1.3 on the PC, disabling the modules I don't need.
The custom views are useful and switch quickly.
The built in NVR interface is the same as the web version but now I can get to all 4 intrusion/line crossing zones (only 3 in Chrome view dropdown).
While watching the 2387 live view using iVMS, I also used it to clear all the motions zones, and on Save these were updated on the live view.
I've disabled the Notification links and record triggers on all motion features.
I'll now leave it all day to see if the NVR triggers (it shouldn't).

Not updated the NVR yet; does the new NVR firmware 4.60.000 now show VCA rules?
VCA rules switchable on/off?

Hope we can get these working correctly because the image quality is very good.
My next step is to experiment with the iVMS logging feature for the updated camera.

Last edited:
Not updated the NVR yet; does the new NVR firmware 4.60.000 now shows VCA rules?
VCA rules switchable on/off?
Yes there's an additional icon in the lower right of the screen that toggles them on/off. It's not something I use but could be a handy tool during setup/testing of events.

Download & view the mp4 files from the Dropbox link below, 3 very short videos of the problem for me...
The videos show no real event in VCA but do show the date/flicker issue.
You'll likely need to use the Hikvision VSPlayer to view them.

2387G2 Video

They were created from the videos recorded on the NVR timeline this morning shown in the attached PNG file...
Intrusion and Line Crossing only enabled.

Attachments

• ScreenShot000533.png
    ScreenShot000533.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 174
Download & view the mp4 files from the Dropbox link below, 3 very short videos of the problem for me...
The videos show no real event in VCA but do show the date/flicker issue.
You'll likely need to use the Hikvision VSPlayer to view them.

2387G2 Video

They were created from the videos recorded on the NVR timeline this morning shown in the attached PNG file...
Intrusion and Line Crossing only enabled.
I took a look - that is the same issue I'm seeing, though it looks more pronounced than that when I'm watching live. I hope it's resolvable with firmware otherwise I'll be returning mine. Thankfully I've not installed any of these for customers as yet.

JB1970

Since post #6 I've done the 4.60.000 upgrade on the 7732 NVR.
I didn't get the record flag flashing on direct monitoring you mentioned.
I also changed the time sync interval on the NVR to 1440 seconds rather than 60 secs, on the theory that it could have been updating the time on the ColorVu cameras and causing the image disturbance & record trigger.
I also changed the time sync server to uk.pool.ntp.org
Note, I can't see a time interval setting on the NVR interface - I changed it via the web interface.
Since the reboot after the upgrade the NVR is performing well, very smoothly in fact, no distracting image disturbances, ColorVu line crossing & intrusion detection working OK.

I mentioned this on another thread:
One thing I did notice was the continuous and event video settings were different after the upgrade.
Almost as if they had been read directly from the cameras and not the NVR because I thought I had set them all identical before hand!
To make sure I went through all 16 cameras on the NVR interface and set the continuous and event video settings identical (albeit different per camera type).
Where possible all are operating in H265, + OFF, with max res & frame rates set per camera.

I also changed the time sync interval on the NVR to 1440 seconds rather than 60 secs, on the theory that it could have been updating the time on the ColorVu cameras and causing the image disturbance & record trigger.
That's 60 minutes not 60 seconds - there's no issue with leaving it at that interval, but likewise the time is unlikely to drift within an hour so there's no harm in extending it to a few hours. I'd not set it too high in case the NVR failed to connect on the odd occasion to the NTP server. I've also always used uk.pool as the server.

One thing I did notice was the continuous and event video settings were different after the upgrade.
Almost as if they had been read directly from the cameras and not the NVR because I thought I had set them all identical before hand!
That's not so unusual. The continuous setting is the main stream setting from the camera. Whether you set it via the NVR or directly in the camera, it is a camera setting and not saved in the NVR, it's simply read from the camera on connection. On older camera firmware there used to be a corresponding Main Stream (event) setting on the camera itself, but not any more.

The image issue on the 2387 will be a camera issue. I've not had chance yet to grab a new one out of the box and prove it, but I will at some point.

On 4.60.000 I'm seeing more stuttering on event trigger on several cameras - nothing major, just not very fluent.

I've not seen the issues on the other thread regarding cameras missing on reboot. I imagine this will be linked to the channel being plug and play. I manually configure the camera IP address and edit the corresponding NVR channel manually before connection, rather than using plug and play. This is simply because I change cameras frequently and it makes it easier to set the IP address and password on a new one before replacement.

Ah yes, my mistake, I meant to type 600 seconds, the interval that it was previously set to.
I presume 600 is default - I'll check with other installs later.
Sync once a minute is far too often. Once a day sync is perfectly normal for any devices in my IT experience.
If the NVR fails to connect occasionally to the time server, it will keep close enough time as long it remains powered.
My internet connection is 99% stable so I'm not too concerned here.

That's not so unusual. The continuous setting is the main stream setting from the camera. Whether you set it via the NVR or directly in the camera, it is a camera setting and not saved in the NVR, it's simply read from the camera on connection. On older camera firmware there used to be a corresponding Main Stream (event) setting on the camera itself, but not any more.

Yes I do understand continuous is the camera main stream.
But the event setting is NVR based and had not changed during upgrade.
I had set the continuous & event to the same previously (as per general advice) so that should have been camera stored if you're correct.
The NVR should have read it directly after upgrade reboot - it didn't or the camera hadn't saved it.
The cameras were not powered down during the upgrade.
Some camera's continuous and event settings were the same, the 'smart' ones were not.
So there's something inconsistent going on here.
I'm certain they are all identical now so we'll see on the next reboot if they remain so.

But I'm not convinced that settings via the NVR interface, via the NVR web interface, or via the camera web interface necessarily remain as expected depending which ones you change and how.
It all looks like a Hikvision scramble to update NVR firmware to cater for new camera development.

The image issue on the 2387 will be a camera issue. I've not had chance yet to grab a new one out of the box and prove it, but I will at some point.

Agreed to some extent, but that doesn't explain why all 3 of mine are now stable, 1 with 5.7.2 firmware, 2 with 5.7.1
I haven't noticed any image flickering, or date stamp momentarily disappearing now.
The date flickering is a massive coincidence with date sync'ing don't you think?

On 4.60.000 I'm seeing more stuttering on event trigger on several cameras - nothing major, just not very fluent.

Agreed, via the NVR interface but not via iVMS on a PC.

I've not seen the issues on the other thread regarding cameras missing on reboot. I imagine this will be linked to the channel being plug and play.

Agreed, I always setup new cameras via SADP beforehand, with the NVR password, and a fixed IP address.
I generally use a separate PoE network switch with just one cable back to the NVR - very stable, easy network access to all cameras, easy cabling to cameras.

The NTP interval is always minutes and the default is 60, so it's an hourly NTP update and has been for a few years now.

I had set the continuous & event to the same previously (as per general advice) so that should have been camera stored if you're correct.
The NVR should have read it directly after upgrade reboot - it didn't or the camera hadn't saved it.

Main and event should be set the same in the NVR interface. The NVR does not store the Main setting - those stream settings, when programmed via the NVR are applied and saved directly on the camera. The Event setting although programmed on the same page is saved on the NVR - there are no event parameters for the main stream in the camera, when it's connected to to an NVR via PoE ports, so there was nothing for the camera to read. I'm not sure why yours changed with the update. On my own system I have combination of G1, G3, G5 and H3 platform cameras and everything is as it was prior to upgrade.

The NTP interval is always minutes and the default is 60, so it's an hourly NTP update and has been for a few years now.

Sorry, I cocked up doing my reply.
Yep the NVR NTP default is normally 60 minutes (which is bonkers), so I've set it to 1440 minutes (24hrs).

Here's why...
Looking at a camera NTP setting via the camera interface my defaults vary according to camera age.
The default for my older PTZ cameras is 60 minutes.
The default for smart cameras 2345 and 2387 is 1440 minutes.
The default time server on all my Hikvision & HiLook cameras is time.windows.com (though not my preferred server).
So me thinks why would they choose 1440 minutes instead of 60 on the newer cameras?

However the cameras are not set to use the direct NTP server feature by default, instead they are set to use the manual time sync.
All my camera time settings are set to manual time sync as supplied.
They are perfectly in step, identical time on all, so they must be using time sync sent from the NVR.
Since the default for the newest 2387 cameras is 1440 minutes then that tells me Hikvision are changing their thinking hence I'm going to continue using 1440 minutes for the NVR time interval. It makes no sense to set it more frequently than that.

Plus, the DST time settings on the NVR were incorrect after the 4.60 upgrade so I've set these correctly too.
(They were First Sunday and DST Bias 30min so changed to Last Sunday and DST Bias 60min).

My point to all this is...
That single change coincides with fixing the flickering image & date anomalies on my system, happy days!

Last edited:
Just a heads up. New G5 platform firmware has appeared on the Hikvision UK website, though not yet on the portal. I'll load it on my cameras (DS-2CD2387G2LU (c) and DS-2CD2347G2LSU/SL (c)) shortly and post back any issues.

Download and release notes here (firmware is for all G5 platform models not just LSU/SL):

Edit:
No obvious changes in the menus.

2347 - I had some issues with the image stuttering on motion previously and that seems to be ok now following update.

2387 - since installation this has had an issue with the image momentarily blanking, going dark as reported in another thread. The update has not helped. This may actually be a faulty camera as it's not a freeze/stutter, more a very brief loss of image.

One anomaly I've noticed on this and the previous firmware is that the recorder switches into Event Encoding Parameters (main stream(event) video settings) when there is motion in the image - even when that motion is outside of the area defined in the settings. For instance a car driving along the road will not trigger an event as it is outside of the detection area I've set and I have the cameras filter set to Human only - however in the Maintenance > System Info > Record screen of the NVR the encoding parameters column switches from Continuous to Event each time a car passes

5.7.3 seems available at the hik global site now but I'm having the same issue as others updating, goes to 1% then 0% then 1 then fails

Back