01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

new Hikvision G1 series Turrets and how they compare to previous FWD

pixeluk

Firstly a big thank you to the contributors to these Forums – the advice and collective wisdom here is extremely helpful.

I’m interested in the new 8MP Hikvision Turret DS-2CD2385G1-I and its 6MP alternative and how it compares to the previous DS-2CD2385FWD-I.

Their respective Datasheets only tell you so much and I’m particularly interested if the changed design brings any other improvements/issues?

One observation is that these new cameras are quite a bit bigger than their predecessors – presumably a consequence of the improved low light level performance.

I’m all for using the latest products (one of your top 30 tips) but I’d have preferred the same smaller physical package. I’m aware that manufactures often need to be seen to be introducing new models at frequent intervals to keep up with the competition but that not always are these better models, sometimes manufactures just find a cheaper way of making the same thing!

I’ve struggled to find any online product unboxing or other reviews for these new models and how they compare not just physically but in real world application with the older models.

No doubt in the near future stocks of the older models will disappear so this will be a mute question.

Anyone with some first hand experience?

Thank you in advance
Phil

The 2385G1 is our GoTo camera now.
Search results for: '2385g1' ¦ use-IP Ltd

Lots of happy customer feedback.
No complaints.
Works better in low-light.
Not noticeably larger in the flesh.

I'm sorry, unfortunately we just have not yet managed to win the time to make updated new YouTube videos - we are working on that ~ seeking additional new Tech staff.

Thank you for the reply - it's always good to have realworld feedback as it's too easy to get lost in the product datasheets

Back