01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Hikvision I Series NVR Firmware Update - 4.51.025

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have hard reset the NVR the Virtual Host setting may have been disabled which will have removed the direct access hyperlinks from the camera management list. The instructions for enabling Virtual Host can be found HERE

Thanks Dan I’ll give it a whirl when I’m back home shortly and will report back.
You’re a God amongst mortals Dan! The DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL cameras are all good but I’m now confronted with a new problem that my DS-2CD2185FWD-I and DS-2CD2686G2-IZS both state “no plug-in detected” so I’m unable to update them.
I’m running os high sierra 10.13.6. Do you have a link for the correct plug-in please?
As they’re all G3 do you know why this would be? Thanks.

Hi @Andy McNab

There is no plug-in for newer versions of MacOS, all of the browsers that Mac supports have now removed support for the plug-in that Hikvision cameras had previously used and so you will need to install iVMS-4200, add the NVR to the software under device management, select the device from the added list, click remote configuration, and then go to the menu shown below to update the firmware of the directly connected cameras without the plug-in.
Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 13.44.25.png

Once the cameras are updated they should support the same plug-in free solution as the NVR and you should be able to access them with any modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc...).

Thanks Dan. I’m sure the App Store used to have ivms but it’s been removed? I’m just in the process of downloading it so will follow your instructions once complete.

The app store used to have iVMS-4500 which was the old mobile app, iVMS-4200 is the desktop VMS that allows you to manage multiple cameras/NVRs in one place.

That sounds familiar, been a few years since I used iVMS.
Took me a few attempts to find the correct tab to access the individual cameras rather than the NVR but all good. The dome took a while to update but confirmed successful on its config page. As there are multiple updates for the IZS I’ve chickened out so am updating it chronologically which is slow going. Thanks for the help Dan, much appreciated.

Reactions: Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back