01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New HikVision User - Stuck on mobile app - Create Verification Code

OK
Have you got a Hik-Connect account?
Can you login at www.hik-connect.com?

Yes I do, I made that account when I was 1st trying to get things up and running.
And yes, I can log in.

I have no devices listed.
If I click on ADD and type in the serial number off the box my camera came in.
I get the following message: The device cannot be added.

I was presuming I was getting this error as Hik-Connect is not yet enabled on my camera

6dac57e5c574d969f5715cbf349a55cd.png

OK
Can we check your network domain range please?
At the bottom left on your PC, where it says "Type here to search" - please type CMD, then enter.
At the command prompt, type ipconfig - then enter

And please share your IP addresses e.g. mine on this PC are:

1581624080449.png

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.68.123
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.68.1

Use the last 9 digits of the serial number when adding a device on the Hik-connect portal. If the device is not found it's your network settings as Phil mentioned.
1581624859447.png

1581625035546.png

Thank you, yes, those last 9 digits are the ones I have only ever used.

If I may ask a simple question.
Would you expect the camera to be found using the HikConnect Portal if Hik-Connect is not currently set to on, on the device?

OK, that's all fine.
It confirms your domain range.
And your camera is set to an IP address within that range.
And, you have shown previously that you can access and log into your camera at that IP address.

So, what is stopping your camera from phoning home to the hik-connect portal?

There is a document attached to this Post.

Please see 3 iii and see if you are able to ping the hik-connect portal please:

1581626003322.png

Last edited:
Would you expect the camera to be found using the HikConnect Portal if Hik-Connect is not currently set to on, on the device?
Where are you seeing this please?
By default Hik-Connect is enabled (in Platform Access).

Where are you seeing this please?
By default Hik-Connect is enabled (in Platform Access).

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, this looks off / not enabled to me (not that I know much!) :(

hik-connect-off.jpg

Don't worry about that for now please.
It is a way of initiating Hik-Connect from SADP, but is failing for your setup.
I am trying to work out why.
For some reason, your camera is unable to 'call home' to the hik-connect portal via your network, router, etc. - even though we have now checked all of your settings.
Can you please try the ping test to the portal - shown at #26 above.

Ok, some good news :)

Following some basic information no one mentioned to me :)
I have been able to enable Hik-Connect, and also add the device (using it's serial number) to the HikVision Device Management web page.

As I had explained a number of times, every time I tried to enable Hik-Connect using SADP I would get the error I have posted in previous posts.

What however I was totally unaware of, until I saw a screenshot following the link was that it is also possible to enable Hik Connect via the Devices Web Page. Under Network / Configuration / Advanced Settings. And select Hik-Connect from the drop down box there.

Once I knew that setting was there, I went to it, enabled it, set a password, and saved. Upon reloading SADP just to check, it's now showing it enabled.

Shame I was not aware of this other way to enable it previously. But no worries, now I've found it, it's on finally! :)

Also, I am now able to view the life feed on my Android phone using the Hik-Connect app.

1qlmai.jpg

Following some basic information no one mentioned to me :)

You may not have understood it at the time, but @Dan did try to lead you to this option:

You may not have understood it at the time, but @Dan did try to lead you to this option:

Yes, looking back on it now, I understand what was being said. It's easy when you know :)
I think it was so stuck on using SADP and it giving me the error, I did not mentally take full note of the instructions to do it another way.

Just let me say a VERY BIG thank you to all for helping me, get past these initial basic stages (which if I'm honest I thought I'd have done the 1st night I received it) :)

There are of course a lot more I need to read up on, and work out, but at least the basic functionality is working.

Just managed to get notifications to occur on my phone which was of course an important thing.
Not yet sure (can't yet find) and time delay setting between notifications. Seems by default it won't send another notifiction till about 1 minute at a guess (not important right now)

One query, Is it possible to view my Camera from say my works PC ?

One query, Is it possible to view my Camera from say my works PC ?

It is possible, but to do so you need to set up port forwarding on your home router (and probably a DynDNS solution to find your home / system on the world wide web, if you don't have a static IP at home).
Port forwarding is an extra layer of complexity, and not deemed to be very secure.
Most people settle to just viewing via the App when they are away from home.

It is possible, but to do so you need to set up port forwarding on your home router (and probably a DynDNS solution to find your home / system on the world wide web, if you don't have a static IP at home).
Port forwarding is an extra layer of complexity, and not deemed to be very secure.
Most people settle to just viewing via the App when they are away from home.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.
Mobile viewing is good enough really, though of course an official HikVision app you could log in would be nice, but if there is not one, and trying to attempt such a feat yourself is open to security issues, then I'm ok with accepting that.

You could load iVMS-4200 on your work PC. Under the Maintenance and Management option. Click Add and select Cloud P2P. Select your region and use your Hik-connect credentials to login. This will allow you to view your camera.
1581633744883.png

1581633976134.png

1581634009175.png

1581634093185.png

1581634173382.png

1581634339247.png

Thanks, that's great to know.
Much appreciated :)

I will probably give that a try soon.......

Hi @Snaffy

it can be confusing sometimes and people often encounter problems if they try to add straight to Hik-connect out of the box.

We usually recommend that people set the camera up with a browser first, then add the device to the web portal, and you should then see the device on the Hik-connect app. The steps to do this are below:

1. Find the camera with SADP and make sure it is activated
2. Browse to the cameras IP address with Internet Explorer and login
3. Go to Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings > Platform access and make sure Hik-connect is enabled and a verification code is set (this can be the same as the cameras password although I don't think they will let you use special characters)
4. Login to the Hik-connect portal using the same login details you used on the app
5. Click add device and enter the cameras serial number

This will be why you were getting the error code when asked for the verification code as this is set by the user in the Platform access settings before you try and add it to the app.

Make sure before you try to add the device to the web portal that you have deleted any trace of the device from the Hik-connect app on your phone as it may not add if it thinks the device is already connected.
Do I have to enable the hik connect and set the verification code on every camera, even when it is connected direct to the NVR ?
because now I can see only one camera through the hik connect app

Hi @Osamahfn

No, If all you added the NVR to Hik-Connect then all the cameras that are connected to that NVR, either directly or over the local network, will also be added to Hik-Connect.

If you are having problems seeing certain cameras I would check the list of common issues in the below thread which may resolve the issue you are having.

Hi Phil, just followed your instruction above. What a great help you've been.
Been trying for over a week, following every instruction suggested to get a data connection.
Saw this thread, registered. Followed your advice. BINGO. Data connection achieved.
Thank you for your time and effort, much appreciated.

Regards uncle-den

Back