01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New home CCTV System

paul haughey

Hi all i need to replace my old analog cctv system i need some thing that will work well at night as we have no external lighting at night i would require an 8 channel recorder and 4 cameras i have around £2000/£3500 till spend can yous help ?

Hi Paul ,

Sorry for the late reply.

We usually ask for answers for these questions below when it comes to camera selection.

1. Budget
  2. Indoor outdoor
  3. Does it need Infra-red? (Night vision)
  4. Weatherproof and/or vandal proof?
  5. What will you be looking at? (eg. front garden)
  6. Estimated viewing angle (Does it need to be vari-focal?)
  7. Preferred style (Dome, Bullet, Cube or no preference?)
  8. What sort of recording were you wanting to do? (Continuous or on Motion Detection)
  9. How were you looking to store recorded footage? (NVR, PC, On board SD storage, NAS drive or cloud based storage)
  10. How are you looking to power the camera? (Power Over Ethernet or via wall mains)
  11. Lastly, What accessories might you need? (A specific mounting bracket? POE injector or switch? SD card? An NVR or NAS?)
You have already answered in your question a few of these.

From first instance i would suggest looking at HikVision branded products or the ACTi branded D series and E series cameras.

Hope this helps, if you give us some more information on the system you would like we should be able to give more guidance.

Many thanks,

Harri
Use-IP Technical Assistant

Hi my budget is between £2000 and £3500 and i need four out door cameras that will see in darkness and show me a crystal clear picture i as assume i need infa red to do this? as they will be out door weatherproof i am looking at back yard side and front pathways not sure on the viewing angle no preference on dome or bullet Continuous recording would need an nvr as for power what way are they normally powered? as for accessories im not sure i have attached pictures from my current system so you cans see what i need to cover
Cam1Day_zps8c833cd4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• Cam 1 Day.JPG
    Cam 1 Day.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 933
  • Cam 1 Night.JPG
    Cam 1 Night.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 926
  • Cam 2 Day.JPG
    Cam 2 Day.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 837
  • Cam 2 Night.JPG
    Cam 2 Night.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 828
  • Cam 3 Day.JPG
    Cam 3 Day.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 810
  • Cam 3 Night.JPG
    Cam 3 Night.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 755
  • Cam 4 Day.JPG
    Cam 4 Day.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 796
  • Cam 4 Night.JPG
    Cam 4 Night.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 727
Hi there,

I would probably suggest a HikVision System, using 3mp cameras. Either their mini dome or mini bullets, these cameras are outdoor ready, POE , day/night cameras and come in 3 different focal lengths:

3mp dome : 2.8mm = 83 degree, 4mm = 63 degree, 6mm = 45 degree
3mp bullet: 4mm = 63 degree 6mm= 45 degree 12mm= 23 degree

I would suggest using a the HikVision 7608 to record with which is an 8 channel NVR that has its own built-in POE injector so the camera can be connect directly to it via a single cat 5 Ethernet cable for each camera. This NVR does not come with hard drives so you would have to install your own (we can supply and install them on request).

The most popular way of powering an IP CCTV camera is using as mentioned above power over ethernet or POE which allows us to get our power and network through one single cable. At one end of the cable you will have a camera and at the other you need a POE injector (for single camera usage) POE switch ( for multiple cameras) or some routers will have POE ports on them. To read up more on POE please look here : http://www.use-ip.co.uk/power-over-ethernet .

This system will cost roughly £896 - £1219 depending on which cameras you decide to go with and how much hard drive space you require ranging from 2tb - 8tb.

Hope this helps.

Harri

Thanks Harri

How do i know if i need a2.8 4 or 6 mm camera ? and which camera is the best for seeing at night

All of the cameras mentioned preform well at night , using the on board IR leds you should be able to see up to 20-30 meters at night.

As for the lens size i have listed above what field of view each one will give you. If you imagine a 45 degree (6mm) FOV (Field of view) is half a right angle, 23 degree (12mm) FOV would be half of that , a 63 degree (4mm) FOV would be between the right angle (90 degrees) and the 63 degree (4mm) FOV and finally the 83 degree (2.8mm) would be just shy of a right angle. You can use online calculators to give you a rough estimate of what lens you need.

Or you could look through the user manuals of your previous system to see what their FOV or lens size is.

Harri

I completely agree with Harri,
IR LEDs consume low energy. They have a longer product life and are reliable. Maintenance is also not required. It fits with any weather conditions.
Check this product out: *url removed*
If not IR Led you can go for IR illuminators. If you prefer using it you must select an angle which will match cameras FOV. The smaller the IR angle the greater and longer will be its range. You can also use a special lens with IR lamp. Without an Infrared corrected objective lens you will not get a focused image. Because this lens focuses the light of different wavelength.

I would probably suggest a HikVision System...

Hi Harri

Is this still your advice?

I have a few questions:-
  • Do these Hikvision jobbies support multiplexing or whatever it's called - basically as far as I can work out, that the device can do a few different things at once, like recording a camera stream and letting a mobile device view a separate camera at the same time?
  • Do they support only recording only on motion detect
  • And furthermore is there a pre-buffer so that if they do detect motion they can record 5s or so of film BEFORE the event?
thanks

Hello Dane,
As per our telcon today; yes they can serve multiple devices at the same time, and we would always recommend continuous recording over VMD ...

Hi Phil, silly question perhaps, but what benefit does this type of camera which seemingly has two sensors offer over a bullet or a dome?

Thanks

P.S. For speed of communication, would it be possible for me to approved as a forum member as currently all of my posts seem to have to be moderated. Thank you!

Hi Dane,
The HikVision EXIR models 2332 & 2232 have a more sensitive sensor (for better low-light performance), stronger IR LEDs for greater distance, and the IR LED is behind a separate window - preventing any possibility of internal reflection.
Also, a good choice of focal lengths for each model.
They are relatively new, I anticipate that we will see a shift towards these models due to their benefits.

I think Post moderation is automatically removed after five (?) moderated Posts.

Back