01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New house - new cameras

Apples12

Hi

Having recently moved into our new home, in a new area, I'm looking to add some good quality cameras to the front and rear of the house and also in the access road which runs along the back of the property

It'll be another 8ch NVR I'd like to go for as this covers well (2 in the front, 2 on the back, 2 in the road at the back and 1 into the garden with 1 spare)

I've used hikvisions in the past, the ones fitted to the house we're moving from which I installed are about 12yrs old and look quite archaic!

What is the current recommended model of hikvision or other for residential purposes?

I'd want at least 25m if not 35-40m ir capabilities and excellent night vision,I intend to cover the driveway and would like to see the faces clearly!

Budget: open ended at the moment, £80-200+ per camera is fine.

Thank you

Hi @Apples12

For the NVR we would recommend the DS-7608NI-I2/8P 8-channel NVR and for the cameras, the most popular options for residential installs are either the DS-2CD2346G2-IU 4MP AcuSense Turret or the DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4MP ColorVu Turret

You can learn more about the AcuSense & ColorVu features at the below forum thread:

Thank you for the swift response
I'm assuming there's a doorbell that could go with this which is POE also?

For pricing must I make an account?

The entry-level intercom/doorbell would be the DS-KV6113-WPE1 Pro Video Intercom Villa Door Station and yes an account is needed to see prices, it is a rule for Hikvision authorised distributors/resellers that we must implement a "login for prices" rule and this also means we do not post prices in public spaces like the forum.

Ended up with I series NVR, 4 X DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL

All fitted and wired up with the NVR tucked away.

Just need to figure out how I can do hdmi over distance to get the view on the Tele!

Hi @Apples12

Good to hear you have your system installed.

In regards to extending an HDMI 4K signal, we recently discovered this new company called HDANYWHERE who have a range of HDMI extenders. (not cheap but there are not many manufacturers out there offering quality 4K HDMI extenders and massively cheaper prices)

Back