01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Hikvision I Series NVR Firmware Update - 4.51.025

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
New firmware available for I series NVR on the UK portal 4.51.025. Apologies if anyones already posted regarding this but I couldn't find another post detailing it. Loading it on mine now - no release notes yet. I'll post back with anything it breaks and what it doesn't fix!

Reactions: Dan
Nothing to get excited about, nothing new that I can see and it does not fix the following:

1 - Playback timeline not maintaining position when switching from Normal to Smart (broke on all versions since 4.40.017)
2 - Maintenance section. In the cameras section some cameras (AcuSense) show beneath the Motion Detection header as "Not Used" even if motion detection is enabled

Reactions: Dan
Thanks JB1970. I've downloaded this firmware as well to try on my I-Series DS-7608NI-I2 NVR. TL;DR --- It works... sort of!

This is the first update I've done in about 3 years. The previous version was V4.22.005 build 191208. Like most people I find it convenient to operate it remotely via a browser rather than hook up a monitor and mouse to the unit in a 19" rack under the stairs!

I'm one of those weirdos that uses Ubuntu for everything and Firefox is my browser of choice . All was going reasonably well until I upgraded to Ubuntu 20.10 a few days ago and that upgraded Firefox to 93.0 (64bit). When I tried accessing the NVR I could no longer get any video at all either from the live view or playback.

I checked the console ouput from Firefox and noticed the browser was in a lot of pain! There were API calls being attempted that had been deprecated and I think the pages break the more strict CORS protocol too!

So rather than delve into the reasons it no longer worked I decided to upgrade in the faint hope it would solve the problem.

After upgrading to V4.51.025 I initially ran into the scary issue of not being able to login! Luckily I had read around and noted that this issue had come up before. The solution is to clear the cookie cache (and the local storage and the indexed DB and the session storage!). Once I could login I went straight to the live view and.... still no video... bah!

Long story short on my desktop Ubuntu system I have to resort to using Chrome instead of Firefox... oh well :)

Last edited:
Thanks JB1970. I've downloaded this firmware as well to try on my I-Series DS-7608NI-I2 NVR. TL;DR --- It works... sort of!

This is the first update I've done in about 3 years. The previous version was V4.22.005 build 191208. Like most people I find it convenient to operate it remotely via a browser rather than hook up a monitor and mouse to the unit in a 19" rack under the stairs!

I'm one of those weirdos that uses Ubuntu for everything and Firefox is my browser of choice . All was going reasonably well until I upgraded to Ubuntu 20.10 a few days ago and that upgraded Firefox to 93.0 (64bit). When I tried accessing the NVR I could no longer get any video at all either from the live view or playback.

I checked the console ouput from Firefox and noticed the browser was in a lot of pain! There were API calls being attempted that had been deprecated and I think the pages break the more strict CORS protocol too!

So rather than delve into the reasons it no longer worked I decided to upgrade in the faint hope it would solve the problem.

After upgrading to V4.51.025 I initially ran into the scary issue of not being able to login! Luckily I had read around and noted that this issue had come up before. The solution is to clear the cookie cache (and the local storage and the indexed DB and the local storage and the session storage!). Once I could login I went straight to the live view and.... still no video... bah!

Long story short on my desktop Ubuntu system I have to resort to using Chrome instead of Firefox... oh well :)
Yes browser support is dire. You often find you can view the images from the NVR webpage but not the camera webpage and vice versa depending on which browser and operating system. I'm a Mac user and it's only recently we've been able to view the NVR using Safari after support was removed several years ago. I have Internet Explorer running in a Parallels VM but IE is also going to disappear.

When updating an older camera/NVR if it's well out of date, it's best to do it in a few steps to avoid issues. It's not that you're guaranteed problems if you jump straight to the newest, but it's far less likely. The smaller point versions can be skipped but in your case I'd maybe of updated to a 4.40.x, 4.50.x, before the latest 4.51.x

The clearing of the browser has caught me out a couple of times. Sometimes resources move or the directory structure alters resulting on a page not found on reboot or an incorrectly formatted page with wrong fonts.

Yes browser support is dire. I'm a Mac user and it's only recently we've been able to view the NVR using Safari after support was removed several years ago. I have Internet Explorer running in a Parallels VM but IE is also going to disappear.
Thanks for the confirmation. It's a shame they went down the road of using Active X plugins to support video. These only worked on IE I think. The irony is that modern browsers have good native support for video streaming... even mobile browsers!

You might be lucky though... Microsoft Edge stopped using their own engine a year or two ago and now uses Chrome under the hood so it might work as a replacement for IE in your parallels setup on your Mac... or maybe there is a Chrome version for Mac too? Either way you will probably still get those out of bandwidth messages when viewing multiple feeds.

Going from 4.50 to 4.51 broke functionality in Chrome on Windows.
With 4.50 it worked fine in Chrome, but with 4.51 no video playback works, and the top right menu bars no longer appear. Seems to work in Edge ok though.

Reading this has confirm to me yet again why I am not going to upgrade from version 3 software.

Reading this has confirm to me yet again why I am not going to upgrade from version 3 software.
There are bugs in every release of firmware unfortunately - they add a feature and another goes wonky. On your version 3 for instance, in the local menu if a local password is used - auto logout "never" doesn't work. Log in, go back to it later.........it'll be logged out and you have to painstakingly put the password back in with the onscreen keyboard. It used to drive me nuts and happened on every version 3 firmware - SE series, E series, K series.

Never come across that one. I like how I can use the timeline to search for evernts easily on V3 and draw lines on playback also. To be honest I realise bugs happen but apart from security issues, if it works then I'll stick to it for now as V4 seems a whole new learning curve away.

May have to upgrade to I from K in future due to cam development so may force the issue for me.

Never come across that one. I like how I can use the timeline to search for evernts easily on V3 and draw lines on playback also. To be honest I realise bugs happen but apart from security issues, if it works then I'll stick to it for now as V4 seems a whole new learning curve away.

May have to upgrade to I from K in future due to cam development so may force the issue for me.
You can still use the timeline to search for events that way. I have seen a few posts where people have been unable to do that but I've never had an issue myself. The biggest issue is that I liked to be able to switch backend forth seamlessly between smart and normal playback without losing position in the timeline. You can do that on V3 firmware, but on V4 they messed it up at some point - not sure when on K series but on I series all versions after 4.40.017 are affected. Hikvision will not acknowledge it's a coding issue/bug and try to make out its the intended operation (which is their standard way of ignoring all reported issues)

Found Release notes for v4.51.025 on the HIK UK website. (in the Firmware section at the bottom)
Direct link to PDF here.
I did notice that the below feature had appeared in the HikConnect app a short time ago and I was unsure whether it was related to the app, camera or NVR firmware version:
  1. Support light and sound configuration of IP camera, and support one-key triggering light or sound alarm.
I clicked on the icon I'd not noticed before and the camera siren goes off - oops. It's quite handy to be able to fire the flashing light or siren on a camera where you haven't configured either as an event linked action.

interesting.. i disabled the white light.. must go and try enabling again and see if i can trigger from app..
would indeed be handy to ad hoc trigger siren or light - (where supported by the camera)

interesting.. i disabled the white light.. must go and try enabling again and see if i can trigger from app..
would indeed be handy to ad hoc trigger siren or light - (where supported by the camera)
It's the separate flashing light that's only on the models with siren/speaker (ISU/SL and LSU/SL). So it'll work on those models even if the white light LED illuminator is off. It works on my ColorVu DS2CD2387G2-LSU/SL (G5 firmware) and also on my older AcuSense DS2CD2386G2-ISU/SL (G3 firmware). Selecting the camera full screen in HikConnect - initially the standard row of icons appear, then after a couple of moments it updates with two additional icons for the Siren and Light appear at the start of the row. They're a toggle on/off switch.

My DS2CD2047G2 (G3) shows one extra icon allowing white light to be turned on/off. A bulb with the letter a. Funny thing it only shows when connecting via hik. Locally added NVR and cam isn't show the icon. The option to change noise reduction setting is also not available for local cams.
But that is properly OT now...

My DS2CD2047G2 (G3) shows one extra icon allowing white light to be turned on/off. A bulb with the letter a. Funny thing it only shows when connecting via hik. Locally added NVR and cam isn't show the icon. The option to change noise reduction setting is also not available for local cams.
But that is properly OT now...
Just checked 3 different cameras. the additional icons depend on model:

A - Bulb icon with A. This adjusts white LED - auto/manual, intensity
B - Bulb icon. This flashes the active deterrent LED
C - Bell icon. This sounds the active deterrent siren

DS2CD2386G2-ISU/SL (AcuSense G3 Active Deterrent) - Has B & C (doesn't have A as it's IR)
DS2CD2387G2-IU (ColorVu AcuSense G5) - Has A only (no B or C as it doesn't have speaker/strobe, just mic)
DS2CD2347G2-LSU/SL (ColorVu AcuSense G5 Live Guard) - A, B & C

Finally upgraded to this version. I like the slick new web interface and better layout. It works just fine in Edge with the IE converter. The only thing I don't like is that when you go to the live view tab, the live views are not automatic. You now have to go to the bottom of the screen and "start" live view.

I took the plunge yesterday and updated my NVR, DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P, incrementally up to V4.51.025. Along the way I updated my cameras as well, mainly DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL, to 5.5.800 without issue, sort of. The cameras are much quicker to react to inputs via the Hik-Connect app on IOS following their update.

Two issues to report, not sure if anyone else has had any problems so thought I'd share.

1. When I tried to view live feed none of my cameras were 'live', as in the NVR showed them as being connected but also the NVR as being offline. I tried for hours to rectify and eventually found a solution. First I factory reset the NVR multiple times during the day but each time came unstuck when trying to get the NVR back online. Eventually sorted the offline issue by manually adding the Alternate DNS Server 8.8.8.8 as this was blank previously. Now the NVR was back online my cameras were showing as being connected but still not providing any streams or allowing access. I eventually resolved this issue by deleting them individually then manually adding them back to the NVR. All the time they remained connected and this was achieved accessing the NVR directly as I have a monitor permanently attached.

2. Updating the cameras has provided a new challenge. Resolved the issue above but I can no longer access a camera using its IP address. Does anyone know a work around or if this is a known issue?

Apologies if I've missed something trivial but having spent a day messing around lost the will to live. It's probably something really easy I'm overlooking following the update to the web interface, which I also like.

Like others have stated, I like the new web layout but now I've gone back into the NVR config under System/Camera Management I can no longer enter the camera configuration using its IP address. Is there a way around this as I've still got a DS-2CD2185FWD-I I want to update?

Hi Dan,
Yes directly connected. They function perfectly, including the new light activation via the app, I’m just unable to acces via the web interface for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back