01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New I Series Firmware - V4.50.000 Build210125

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
New I series NVR firmware is available on the UK portal V4.50.000 spotted by @dazulrich As he has mentioned in another post there are no release notes as yet. I've just loaded it and the differences from what I can see are:

• Flashing light and audible alarm schedule available for supported cameras? I'm not sure whether this is new or not - previously it was only available directly in the camera menu but I never bothered updating to the last minor revision (4.40.017) so can't be sure.
  • Local GUI - alterations to how you switch between full and multi screen with a right click pop up menu
  • Local GUI - Playback Min/Max Channels replaced with 1, 4, 8, 9, 16 way selection
  • Local GUI - Redesigned timeline. The timeline scale is now selected using a dropdown selection rather than the multiple radio button style. You now drag a marker rather than dragging the whole timeline to navigate it. Annoyingly there is still an event icon in red but no markers for preconfigured events in the timeline - no change there.
  • Events - Smart Events have been moved to Smart Analysis in the menu on the local GUI where there are separate sections for Facial Recognition, Perimeter Protection (Line Crossing, Intrusion, Region Entrance/Exit) and Other Events
So there are some quite extensive changes...

EDIT 06-03-21: After another play this morning I've redacted a line from my comments above. My biggest annoyance with the V4 firmware was that (unlike the V3 firmware) selecting Smart Playback without then defining a line, intrusion area etc to search would tend to just display an unusable solid red timeline. To view events you'd set up in the menu the custom search was necessary which was a pain to use. With this update selecting Smart Playback will now show event markers for all configured events (ones that you have set up in advance within the Event Menu) whether they be Alarm Input, Line Crossing, Motion or Intrusion detection. This is exactly how I wanted it to work. Now I'd only need to use the Custom Search if I need to differentiate the event type that caused the trigger which I seldom do. Perfect!

Last edited:
I'm going to give it some time before upgrading. Please let us know if you experience any kinks.

V4.50.000 has fixed the problem where alarm input events did no show a
playback option in the hik connect app

V4.50.000 has fixed the problem where alarm input events did no show a
playback option in the hik connect app
I'll check that now. That has been something else that I've been complaining about for some time and had contacted Hikvision with a month or so ago. When I tested on previous versions it was only alarm inputs connected to the NVR that were missing both the Live View and Playback links. Alarms that were hard wired to the cameras inputs (on models that have them) worked correctly (though were not identified with their descriptive name)

You're right, well spotted - that is fixed. It's like Christmas - the two things that have been bugging me have been fixed in one update.

It's a shame they're still just identified as IO alarm rather than the input description. I have three for Front, Side and Rear PIR and it would be good to see that when the notification pops up on my Apple Watch or Phone

Release Notes attached

Attachments

• external_NVR_V4.50.000 build210125_Release Notes .pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 849
Can some guinea pigs let me know how they get on updating please? I don’t want to ruin my current set up as everything is working fine on my DS-7616NI-I2/16P currently using V4.40.015, looks good though.

Can some guinea pigs let me know how they get on updating please? I don’t want to ruin my current set up as everything is working fine on my DS-7616NI-I2/16P currently using V4.40.015, looks good though.

I’ve not noticed anything untoward as yet. I’d go as far to say that with this and the latest camera firmware for the G2 models, all I’ve noticed is improvement and fixes.

Noticed one strange bug when you add the NVR to Hik Connect it wont show the available cameras until you then restart HikConnect, not a major issue just an annoyance

Tried this, will be going back to V4.40.017. Whenever I access the nvr via its own GUI it restarts. No issues accessing it via mobile or computer.

Also smart event tab is not there in settings (in nvr GUI). Maybe they moved it, couldnt find it.

Tried this, will be going back to V4.40.017. Whenever I access the nvr via its own GUI it restarts. No issues accessing it via mobile or computer.

Also smart event tab is not there in settings (in nvr GUI). Maybe they moved it, couldnt find it.
Strange, it shouldn't be rebooting like that. Smart Events have moved as detailed in the last bullet pint in my first post above. They are now under Smart Analysis which is the fourth icon from the left.

I'd maybe power down the NVR fully and try running the upgrade again. If that doesn't resolve the crash, I'd do a full reset of the NVR.

I have two Hikvision cameras connected to one port of my 7608/I2 through a switch. So far unable to get them working with this new firmware, although it was working before? If anyone knows how to add them, I'd appreciate knowing the procedure,

My feedback on this update:
I took the plunge and updated to V4.50.000 build 210125 and everything seemed to be working ok until yesterday I rebooted the NVR and lost one of my cameras :(
My Hikvision cube camera DS-2CD2443G0-IW has bricked itself, I have tried to log into the IP camera via laptop via router and via switch and I cant get a response, SADP cant see it either.
I have tried to reflash firmware using TFTP (192.0.0.128) and even uploaded the original firmware that it shipped with into the update folder but nothing.

I have updated NVR firmware countless times before and this is the first time this has ever happened, not a happy bunny to be honest :(

after updating to this firmware, facedetection is not working any more on all of my camera's!!! i have a few camera's that displays in the firmware facedetection enable. but when i activate the facedetion on de nvr, it say this function is not available/supported!!
anyone more with this problem?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back