01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New I series NVR firmware - 4.21.008

CliveC

There is a new version of the firmware for the I series NVRs on the EU portal
Verion 4.21.008

There is also a folder called release notes but in true Hikvision style they haven't put any release notes for this version in there.

Thanks @CliveC - I'll create a new sticky thread with details later.
I just had a quick look, but was unable to find any Release Notes for this new version - I'll ask Hikvision Tech Support for some.

How about YOU try it and let us know how it works? Lol. I'm not going first.

@Dan will install it and test on our demo NVR ASAP.
BTW - He is spending many hours working with both Hikvision and Milesight trying to get Mac solutions working on Mojave etc.

@fullboogie I tested it - it seems fine apart from the bug that hit me since they went to the 4.21.xxx versions - playback of recordings in the web interface no longer show any red marks on motion which works fine in 4.1.64 - so have rolled back again, as that is still broken in this version.

I wish Hik would concentrate on the few bugs in the firmware rather than new features. Overall good, but the bugs persist.

Totally agree - @Dan mentioned they didn't fully understand the Web interface use case, so he had to explain it carefully to them. Would be good when they get all of the alarm indication features workign in the web interface - as line crossing etc didn't work before, but movement detection did and has recently stopped.

Given it's been a while @Dan do you think you could nudge them on this one and ask for an update?

@Phil, I sure wish Hik would fix the 4K laptop/computer problem when viewing the web interface. It not only makes SADP all but useless, it affects the Web interface too. For example, last night I finally got around to setting up the recovery password as detailed in a forum thread. After clicking on the user "admin" and then "account security" in order to fill in the security questions and recovery email, it is impossible to then click "OK" because the "OK" button is off the bottom of the page. But I cannot scroll down to make that button visible.

WdSUlkS.jpg

Back