01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware NEW Milesight NVR Firmware (7x.9.0.2) Introduces Support for VCA Functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Update 26th February 2020 - Superseded by V7x.9.0.7-r3 and V4x.7.0.73-r7: Latest Milesight Firmware for NVRs (V7x.9.0.7-r3) and Cameras (V4x.7.0.73-r7)

Milesight have just this week released a new NVR firmware, 7x.9.0.2 introduces support for VCA functions which means that you can now control the VCA/Smart Event settings of your Milesight cameras from the NVR.

You can read a little bit more about this new feature here

1543486305788.png

IMPORTANT: Before updating to 7x.9.0.2 you will need to make sure your NVR has been updated to the new file system (firmware version 7x.8.45.7), so:

1. If the NVR is on a firmware version older than 7X.8.45.7 - you will have to upgrade to 7X.8.45.7 first and then upgrade to 7X.9.0.2 (or above in future), after you update it will display in the NVR settings as version 7X.9.45.2 instead of 9.0.2 this is just to signify that it is firmware for our UI- model NVRs

2. If the NVR is already on firmware version 7X.8.45.7 - you can just upgrade straight to 7x.9.0.2 (or above in future), after you update the firmware will display in the settings as 7X.9.45.2 as mentioned above

If you need to update to the new file system you can find the 7x.8.45.7 firmware to do that here

Once you have updated to the new file system you can find the new 7x.9.0.2 firmware at Milesight's download page

71.9.0.2 - 5032, all 7000 series and all 8000 series NVRs
72.9.0.2 - 1009 and 5016 NVRs
You may also notice on the download page that there is a new r14 camera firmware, the new VCA update is compatible with the cameras, NVR, and CMS so for the cameras and NVR or cameras and CMS to work together and give you control of the VCA features they all have to be on below firmware versions (or above in future):
Camera: 4X.7.0.67-r14
NVR: 7X.9.0.2
CMS: 2.4.0.2​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I updated firmware as per your instructions (including cameras), all worked ok and I can now access and control VCA functions from the NVR, but when using email notification it doesn't attach a screenshot / image of the event. I have also updated to the latest firmware version 72.9.0.2r3 but this doesn't appear to have resolved the issue.
Am I missing something, or is this a glitch that is yet to be sorted? If so, do you know when this will get fixed?
Thanks,
Darryl

Hi @Daz95

Milesight have this troubleshooting guide on their website on How to Setup Emails

Double check that you have set up the email notifications as they say here and if the problem still persists we will pass it on to Milesight Tech support and see what their advice is.

Thanks Dan, I'll double check later and get back to you. I am currently receiving emails ok, just with no attachment. It includes an attachment with standard motion detection but not with any of the advanced ones

Hi Dan, I've checked my email settings as per the guide and all seems correct. I can receive test emails and with standard motion detection I get emails with attachments. For any of the smart events (region entrance, line crossing, human detection etc.) I get an email notification but no attachment

Hi Daz, @Dan has the day off today.
I think he probably needs a response from Milesight on this - I suspect we will see new firmware releases soon (shortly after they return to work from their Chinese New Year holidays).
Hopefully they have a fix for this in-hand.

Thanks Phil, hopefully it's a fairly simple fix. I'll keep an eye out for any firmware updates, but could you also let me know if you get any info / update from Milesight on this please. Many thanks.

Hi, is there any update on this? Haven’t seen any firmware releases on their website. Thanks

Hi, We are constantly chasing, and have been told to expect new firmware at the end of this month.
We hope that they will resolve the various issues that have been reported and fed back.
I can only apologise for the delay / slow progress.

Thanks for the update Phil, I’ll look out for firmware updates towards the end of the month

Hi Phil, I have recently updated the NVR and both cameras to the new firmware (released yesterday) but it doesn't seem to have resolved the issue. Do you know what changes are implemented in this release? Thanks

Hi, I have been out of the office (yesterday, and again today), Dan has updated me that he has installed and tested the new firmware in the office and feels it's a long way short of our hopes & expectations after such a long wait - not much change for three months wait! (last update was Boxing Day 26th December 2018).

Please allow us a little time to discuss it with Milesight and ascertain what's completed / coming soon.

Just tried the upgrade with one camera. It still requires the web plugin.
Disappointed and left a note in the OSD text field of their demo camera ...

This and release notes (among other things) have been requested so many times - why don't they understand how frustrating it is to launch the black box and try to see whether an improvement is there or not. I would like to see the release notes before upgrading the NVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back