01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New PoE cameras connected via Netger PoE switch

stone28

Hi all,

I've connected few of my cameras (HikVision and Dahua) via my PoE switch. (Google Wifi -> Netgear Switch -> Netgear PoE Switch), hovewer I can not see any of the cameras. Purchased as well BlueIris but cannot find any camera. Cables are tested and are working, Led on the PoE switch show that PoE is working. Do I need to use some kind of software to discover these cameras first? I also wanted to log in to cameras directly to see the settings there maybe they have pre set IP and Masks that's why I cannot see them on my Google Wifi devices list.

However have no idea now how I can connect to these cameras as I don;t know their IP.

Please any help would be much appreciated. I know thing or two about networks so I think I can move it forward I just need some help to start with.

Thank you in advance.

stone28

Hi @stone28

You will need Hikvision & Dahua's own IP utilities to find their cameras on your local network, links to the IP utilities are below:

Hikvision - SADP Tool

Dahua - ConfigTool

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

Few more questions of course ;-) if you don't mind.....

I vaguely remember from somewhere in this forum that the first thing you should do with these Dauha and HikVision cameras is to log in to them and change IP settings or something so they can not broadcast anything in the background? But I might be wrong.

So if I'm using Blue Iris I can disable internal recording of the camera right? What else I should change in the settings? Just updated to the latest firmware so that's a good start.

Any other tips please?

Thank you in advance.

Radek

Hi @stone28

If the cameras are activated and added to Blue Iris then there shouldn't be any network settings that need to be changed because the camera will only have a local network IP address set by default and this address is not reachable from outside your local network/router. For remote access, you would need to manually enable port forwarding or P2P Hik-Connect.

Internal camera recording will only happen if you have fitted a MicroSD card in the camera, without doing this no recording will happen until you manually set recording in the Blue Iris software.

I have another problem (sorry never really got down to finish it).

All my cameras are connected to Netgear ProSafe GS110TP, however only first port is working..... I can connect each camera on its own to port 1 and both lights on the switch for that port are on (network and PoE), when I connect them to any other port none of the lights are on.

Is it possible that there is some kind of setting on the web interface for the switch that I need to change? I bought it second hand so maybe it's faulty?

Thanks,

Radek

GOT IT!!!!! How could I've missed that. Probably because "Admin Mode" for each port is a bit misleading.

So just in case somebody else has the same problem:

You need to login to the Switch web interface, go to PoE under System tab, -> Advanced -> PoE Port Configuration and enable "Admin Mode" for each port you want to deliver power to.

Regards,

Radek

Last edited:
Back