01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New router oddity??

zcubed

Hi everyone,
I had a Hikvision NVR registered with hik-connect all which worked correctly. If I remotely accessed the device through a Hikvision app or directly through the local ip all worked ok. I have just got a new router and new provider. I have reconfigured accordingly and almost all of it works except one part.
If I connect to my home router I can access the NVR through its local ip address and all is well.
If I connect to my home router using the HiDDNS I get no connection.
If I connect externally (4G, or another wifi network) I can access the device using the HiDDNS and all is well.
I am assuming it is router related?
I read it may be necessary to forward the relevant ports, which I think I have done but kt has made no difference.
Thanks in advance for any help offered as I've reached my limit!

HiDDNS was superseded by the Hik-Connect portal and App solutions some time back.

Please update the firmware on all your Hikvision devices to the latest available.
Check the portals for the latest.
Create an account at www.hik-connect.com
Add your NVR to your account (enter the nine-digit serial number - from the product label).

You do not need to set up port forwarding.

There's a list of common issues here that may then potentially trip you up if at first attempt it is not successful:
Hik-Connect portal error message "No device is found. Make sure that the serial No. is correct and the device is connected properly."

HiDDNS was superseded by the Hik-Connect portal and App solutions some time back.

Please update the firmware on all your Hikvision devices to the latest available.
Check the portals for the latest.
Create an account at www.hik-connect.com
Add your NVR to your account (enter the nine-digit serial number - from the product label).

You do not need to set up port forwarding.

There's a list of common issues here that may then potentially trip you up if at first attempt it is not successful:
Hik-Connect portal error message "No device is found. Make sure that the serial No. is correct and the device is connected properly."
Many thanks for the reply and help, Phil
I have since realised that I misquoted the HiDDNS and the device is indeed registered at hik-connect.
I will work through your advice list, thanks again

Back