01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New Set Up

Moreno5

Hi Guys,

Am looking for a little help in regards to selection of NVR & cameras and wondered if you could help.

I have moved in to a house which already has ethernet in the walls and some cameras that exist already. I have 4 cameras inside the house and then 4 outside. I would like to add one more camera to the outside which I will detail below and then possibly in time will want to upgrade the existing cameras.

Which NVR should I go for? I suppose due to the number of cameras I can only go for 16 type one and I assume I will need PoE as I want to run power through the Cat6 in the walls. Doesn't have to be HikVision so any suggestions considered but needs to have a HDMI out so that it can be displayed on our TV in the house.

In regards to camera that I need to purchase, I would like to look over the green in front of our house. So needs to be wide angled but also precise enough that it could make stuff out from cars at a distance of 30m. In the evening we do have some street lights on the close so it is not completely dark.

I look forward to hearing people's opinion.

thanks

This NVR:
Hikvision DS-7716NI-I4-16P 16 Channel Network Video Recorder

This camera for in front of your house, with a 4mm lens:

If it is really 30m/90ft distance to another area of interest, then this camera for that:

Thanks Phil.

Is their any proper notable difference between the DS-7716NI-I4-16P and the older DS-7616NI-I2-16P?

I will take a look at these cameras but thank you for your recommendations so far.

The difference is in the page 2 stats for the NVR; bandwidth, decoding, video handling, etc.
77 has greater than 76.
Apart from that - same firmware / same capabilities.
I4 = 4x HDD slots.

Back