01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New setup advice

richyt8

Hello all,

Found this website and found it super useful. Just hoping to get some advice - looking for a 6 camera CCTV system.

The house is detached with a side gate to the right. The front of the house is about 8-9m from the pavement/main road. The rear garden is around 60m down. So I was thinking 3 cameras at the front, 2 at the back, 1 on the side.

• 6 x 4MP IP Cameras with ColorVu - (DS-2CD2347G1-LU)
OR

• 6 x 8MP 4K UHD IP Cameras with Darkfighter (DS-2CD2385G1-I)

Both are the same price point, just unsure on which set up to get.

Thank you in advance!

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi @richyt8

Both options are common choices for residential installs, ColorVu cameras obviously have the advantage of colour images at night but they do use a very bright visible white light to achieve these colour images which stays on as long as it is dark enough to be required. You can dim the white light or disable it entirely if there ambient light in the scene. (e.g. street lights, motion floodlight, etc...)

The Darkfighter cameras you have selected have 30m IR LEDs which lets them see in complete darkness, making them a good option for very dark areas with no ambient lighting. Depending on the lighting conditions either of these models will be fine for most of your areas, but you have stated that your garden is 60m long and if you do want to see that sort of distance with any clarity we would recommend a DS-2CD2685G1-IZS which has a 50m IR range and is also a varifocal model which allows you to narrow the focal length down to 12mm which will give you much more detail at the far end of the garden, but you will want to use this in conjunction with other wider fixed focal length models as the narrow focal length will crop out the areas closest to the property.

Hi @Dan,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

It is being paired with this NVR, does this have accusense/motion detection?
  • Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P Network Video Recorder
Also is 4mp quality good enough compared to the 4K 8mp cameras? I was hoping Hikvision would come out with 8mp ColourVU

Also, I am looking to get installed Hikvision Wi-Fi & POE Intercom Doorbell Kit: DS-KIS603-P (inc. DS-KV6113-WPE1) to replace my RING doorbell which is super slow to load

Thanks

If you are looking at an 8-channel NVR we would recommend the DS-7608NI-I2/8P as this is the I-series model which is higher spec and continues to receive regular updates making it a more future-proof option than the K-series option.

4MP is great for smaller areas (up to 15m) and you won't notice a massive difference in detail between 4 & 8MP at these distances, but for longer/larger areas the 8MP models will give you greater detail at the 20-30m range.

Yes, the DS-KIS603-P is good entry-level intercom/doorbell and as it is hardwired to your local network it will have a dedicated IP address which will allow you add it to the NVR and continuously record the live stream from the Intercom camera.

Back