01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New to IP cameras

Tony Messenger

Hi,
I'm looking to get an IP camera (wired or wireless) that can be used outside and will send an email preferably with an image, and if possible be able to view it remotely on an iPad. I would prefer something discreet but sure I can hide it in amongst some of the plant growth.
This is a bit of a long 'wish list' and there are some that advertise camera's that can do all these but would like some professional advice.
Thanks
Tony

If you're thinking of installing it outside you've got a lot of choice - mostly bullet style cameras which can be a bit tricky to hide.

Have a look at the eyespy range of cameras as their two outdoor models have a much smaller profile than most I've come across. The only thing you need to be aware of is that they only come in white so may have to camouflage them some how.

The eyespy ones can email you clips directly or record to their online platform so you can review them from anywhere.

All ip cameras will give you remote live access - and most should be able to support viewing by iPad.

Many thanks for the advice, I have seen that EyeSpy camera's get good reviews. The one sticking point for me with them is the annual charge to hold video and images on their servers. I, probably like a good many don't want to get tied into this and prefer to have images emailed to me even if it does fill my inbox.
The other thing is if I login to my IP address can I view video from the camera via an iPad?

EyeSpy247's web portal service makes it very simple to set up and access their cameras.
It's free for the first year.
You don't have to use / pay for it, you can manually configure them and access them directly if you prefer.
Their cameras are iPhone / iPad compatible.

Just wanted to confirm what phil has said, the eyespy cameras can be used stand alone. I have mine sending me recordings using ftp (to the free webspace I have with my hosting provider) so don't use their web portal service.

You can get the cameras to send you email if you don't want to use ftp and some of them even support NAS recording so you have good flexibility.

MM

Hi,
I'm looking to get an IP camera (wired or wireless) that can be used outside and will send an email preferably with an image, and if possible be able to view it remotely on an iPad. I would prefer something discreet but sure I can hide it in amongst some of the plant growth.
This is a bit of a long 'wish list' and there are some that advertise camera's that can do all these but would like some professional advice.
Thanks
Tony
Tony,
I'd like to give some advice to you if you trust me. I have been working in this field for several years.
contact me plz, skype: lxhzspy

Thanks for all your help folks. I have now purchased and got an eyespy camera setup.
Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony, here is the access link of a good camera, you can log in. we are doing a demo for our UK client.
http://125.46.77.98:82/
user name: admin
password: admin

contact me if you like it.

Back