01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New video's each week?

Snaffy

Just a little query regards the text at the top of these forums:

"Hi, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week. "

I'd actually been subscribed to your excellent channel long before I bought my 1st decent camera, and joined these excellent forums.
Looking at the YouTube channel now, it seem that the last video was put up a year ago.

Have the video's been forgotten about for some reason as you learn such a lot more from a good video.

I know what I'd like to see shown in a video.
And that's how the visual quality is affected by the various picture quality settings.
Perhaps with examples during sunlight, poor light, and night time.
We understand more frames/sec means smoother video, but does more frames mean easier to get a clear shot of a face of someone moving or not?

How does the quality setting alter it, and what does it actually alter (I've no idea)
Hows does the bitrate setting alter the image, noise or picture detail?

Are you always better running the camera at it's top resolution say 8mp, or would it be better to run it at a lower resolution, but increase the bandwidth/quality?

Love to see examples and explanations of these different aspects.

@Dan has spent an unexpectedly long time covering the Support role here.
@Kyle Mc is now getting up to speed rapidly.
Hopefully we will get Dan back to producing new videos soon.

Support and helping out us desperate beginners pulling their hair out due to the less than obvious ways of getting things working is worth it's weight in gold.
And I'm sure everyone is in your debt for this help.
Way more important than any video's and I hope my comment did not come across as complaining far from it.
It was just I have enjoyed the video's that are already there, and of course, would enjoy seeing more, whenever they are possible :)

Back