01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Newbie Advice Please - Email alerts from my Hikvision system

bp418220

Hi

I have read a post on here regarding a similar issue already, but email notifications are still not working for me :( - il just highlight what I am running with and the settings

I am new to all of this, so have just got a 7608NI-K2 / 8P and upgraded the firmware to V4.30.011 build 200803, and just the one camera connected to it while i get to grips with it at the moment, and thats a 2CD2386G2-ISU/SL with the firmware upgraded to V5.5.134 build 200430.

After reading through a couple of posts i changed the settings to the following;

Virtual Host = Activated
Adding Method = Manual
DHCP = False
Subnet = 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway = Tried several things here [Router IP Address (192.168.1.1), NVR IP Address (192.168.1.47), NVR Internal IP Address (192.168.254.1) ]
DNS = 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Now - I have used the test on both the web interface for the NVR (the test feature has now vanished from the actual NVR software) and the Camera and from the NVR I get a successful test email - along with an email with 3 super small unusable images. So i guess the email notification works from the NVR - but you get higher res images from the email directly from the camera?

And this is where issue is - whenever I test the email from the web interface for the camera it just comes up "Test Failed" each time

Im using one.com and they are the settings that work fine on the NVR and on my phone and everywhere else - and i even tried a googlemail account making sure that the less secure option was enabled and I tried both my normal password and generated a new app one but to no avail. Even though the port should be 587 for TLS with STARTTLS enabled, i have literally tried every port and encryption method possible

Please has someone got my solution :confused:

p.s. - same error whilst testing the FTP on the camera - "Test Failed" :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi

I have read a post on here regarding a similar issue already, but email notifications are still not working for me :( - il just highlight what I am running with and the settings

I am new to all of this, so have just got a 7608NI-K2 / 8P and upgraded the firmware to V4.30.011 build 200803, and just the one camera connected to it while i get to grips with it at the moment, and thats a 2CD2386G2-ISU/SL with the firmware upgraded to V5.5.134 build 200430.

After reading through a couple of posts i changed the settings to the following;

Virtual Host = Activated
Adding Method = Manual
DHCP = False
Subnet = 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway = Tried several things here [Router IP Address (192.168.1.1), NVR IP Address (192.168.1.47), NVR Internal IP Address (192.168.254.1) ]
DNS = 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Now - I have used the test on both the web interface for the NVR (the test feature has now vanished from the actual NVR software) and the Camera and from the NVR I get a successful test email - along with an email with 3 super small unusable images. So i guess the email notification works from the NVR - but you get higher res images from the email directly from the camera?

And this is where issue is - whenever I test the email from the web interface for the camera it just comes up "Test Failed" each time

Im using one.com and they are the settings that work fine on the NVR and on my phone and everywhere else - and i even tried a googlemail account making sure that the less secure option was enabled and I tried both my normal password and generated a new app one but to no avail. Even though the port should be 587 for TLS with STARTTLS enabled, i have literally tried every port and encryption method possible

Please has someone got my solution :confused:

p.s. - same error whilst testing the FTP on the camera - "Test Failed" :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cheers

That is working as it should be. The NVR is managing the camera events and generates the e mail. The camera will fail the SMTP test as it's connected via the NVR and has no route to the internet. The NVR's camera side network 192.168.254.xxx keeps the camera traffic from your LAN and the internet.

I'd guess that if you want the cameras to work independently you'd need to put them on your LAN via a separate PoE switch (rather than the NVR PoE network), reprogram each camera with a 192.168.1.xxx address, then add them manually to the NVR (change the channel in the NVR from plug and play to manual and enter the relevant details)

Back