01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Newbie after some guidance on a newly set-up NVR 7608

molo_st_al

Hello! I'm guessing i may be a frequent visitor / pest as i'm having some snagging issues with a relatively newly installed system. 6 Ip camera's coming into a 7608 NVR. All seem to display ok using the iVMS app on a Mac.

My immediate issue is that the resolution of one of the camera's in night mode seems to be very low res, whereas it is fine in daylight mode.

And then, future tasks for me that i have done a swift look through the 'how to' tag but couldn't see any basic guides that could cover it, if someone could guide me please...
- Recording to the cloud. I saw a post saying not possible with the NVR. Any workaround? What does the Cloud2.0 mean under Cloud recording?
- My NVR is set to record all cameras 24 hours a day, albeit this does make trying to locate an event / incident difficult. Is there any way to search a recording for movement events?
- Any way to rename the cameras so the watermarked name is more accurate?
- Amongst Mac users is it worth jumping across to SecuritySpy or staying with the iVMS?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @molo_st_al

Are all 6 cameras you have the same model? If so which model are they?

Can you also share a screenshot of the images you are getting from the lower-quality camera and one of the better quality cameras?

Also, can you share a screenshot of the video settings for each of these cameras?

In regards to the other questions:

Cloud recording - this is only possible when using a 3rd-party cloud service like Manything or EagleEye

Event Notifications - If you enable a smart event of your choice in the camera settings you can then go to playback in iVMS-4200 and view the standard continuous playback or click the event playback icon at the bottom of the playback window (highlighted in green) to search for event notifications from that camera.
Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 10.40.54.png
Watermarked name - to change the onscreen name of the camera you need to go to remote configuration > Image > Video Display and change the camera name
Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 10.58.08.png
SecuritySpy - we have very little experience with SecuritySpy and so we would lean towards iVMS-4200, the main reason being the full compatibility with Hikvision cameras & NVRs which means you can control almost all the Hikvision specific settings of those devices. With 3rd-party software like SecuritySpy they offer you reasonable control but not of everything. (especially smart settings)

Are all 6 cameras you have the same model? If so which model are they?

Can you also share a screenshot of the images you are getting from the lower-quality camera and one of the better quality cameras?

Also, can you share a screenshot of the video settings for each of these cameras?

Thanks for the reply and questions. Replies...

Yes - DS-2CD2385G1-I 8MP

Attached

Can you help navigate me where i'll find this please. I've looked in Device Management -> Group -> Remote Config... but couldn't find somethign appropriate.

Thanks again.
Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 22.28.52.png
Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 22.28.35.png

It looks like the video settings are different on those 2 models, we have seen with those 2385G1 cameras that they sometimes come with very low default bit rates which can strangle the cameras resolution output.

You will find the resolution and bitrate settings for each camera by going to Device Management > Select the NVR > Click Remote Configuration

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 09.31.05.png

You should then see the below pop-up and will want to go to Image > Video & Audio > and then compare the video settings of the above 2 cameras and see what has been set differently.
Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 09.31.32.png

Thanks for this. Attached is a screengrab and they're all actually the same! So i guess that because there is nothing selected in resolution there is some other setting or influence on the resolution. Worth noting the camera with the low res at night, is fine / hi res in daylight.

Before i change settings for the cameras, do i do so and copy yours, or are there other considerations i should make?

Thanks
Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 17.46.50.png

I'm still a little stuck on what changes to make to try and get the one camera up to the correct usable resolution. Anyone any ideas please?

Back