01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Newbie Help

Mark Weir

Hi All,

I have just joined the HIKvision users here in New Zealand.
I purchased a DS 7716NI NVR and 10 DS @CD2035-4 Cameras on EBAY in the foolish belief that this gear was all plug and play.
Having spent 2 days now ploughing through the manuals and the notes on the net I am really not a lot further ahead and looking for some guidance.

My NVR is version 3.4.2 Build 160205 and my cameras are version 5.3.6 build 1512 15.

In my latest effort to get up and running I have managed to set ip addresses and when I attempt to connect the cameras to the NVR I can, using manual settings set a strong password, the NVR starts detecting then tells me the user is locked.
I have tried resetting the system to factory defaults to undo all my trial and error, I have tried turning on the DCHP setting and using Plug and Play but all to no avail.
Can anyone give me a shove in the right direction to get this working please.

Cheers

Mark

Hi All,
Do I take it that no-one has had this issue before? Or is the answer obvious and I am missing something?

Hi All,

I have just joined the HIKvision users here in New Zealand.
I purchased a DS 7716NI NVR and 10 DS @CD2035-4 Cameras on EBAY in the foolish belief that this gear was all plug and play.
Having spent 2 days now ploughing through the manuals and the notes on the net I am really not a lot further ahead and looking for some guidance.

My NVR is version 3.4.2 Build 160205 and my cameras are version 5.3.6 build 1512 15.

In my latest effort to get up and running I have managed to set ip addresses and when I attempt to connect the cameras to the NVR I can, using manual settings set a strong password, the NVR starts detecting then tells me the user is locked.
I have tried resetting the system to factory defaults to undo all my trial and error, I have tried turning on the DCHP setting and using Plug and Play but all to no avail.
Can anyone give me a shove in the right direction to get this working please.

Cheers

Mark

Hi All,
Do I take it that no-one has had this issue before? Or is the answer obvious and I am missing something?
Hi Mark.

Try resetting both NVR and IPCam back to their factory settings.

For IPCam, press and hold reset button while you power up the IPCam.
Wait for about 20 seconds before releasing the reset button.

For NVR, choose "restore to factory settings".

Configure NVR first (password, network settings, etc) before plugging the IPCamera
and the IPCam detection should take you a short while before NVR automatically
detects them.

Hope this help.

Hi Mark.

Try resetting both NVR and IPCam back to their factory settings.

For IPCam, press and hold reset button while you power up the IPCam.
Wait for about 20 seconds before releasing the reset button.

For NVR, choose "restore to factory settings".

Configure NVR first (password, network settings, etc) before plugging the IPCamera
and the IPCam detection should take you a short while before NVR automatically
detects them.

Hope this help.
Hi Bien,
Thanks for your guidance. I eventually came to the conclusions you have suggested and now have a working system.
I appreciate your reply.

Cheers

Mark

Back