01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Newbie needs to add CCTV to catering trailer.

gazawee

Hi,

I'm in drastic need of guidance. We have a small 10ft catering trailer in which we'd like to install CCTV. Figure we need 2 internal cameras to capture staff and customers standing at our serving hatch. The solution would need to record locally with the option for live remote viewing. Subjects would be close to the camera (0m - 5m) and would mostly be in light conditions as we operate between 8am and 7pm with the subjects always being within or close to the illuminated trailer.

We have a mobile internet device (Netgear Nighawk) device that has pretty good speeds and has Ethernet, USB A and USB C connections. The set-up would need to retain recorded video when disconnected from the mains and should not require re-configuration each time we re-connect power to the trailer each morning.

The cameras should probably be waterproof because of cooking steam.

I would be immensely grateful if someone could guide us to the bits we would need because I'm struggling to understand the minefield of info.

I realise that it is quite a challenging question but I honestly thought at least someone would be able to answer

Back