01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Martyma

Hi, newbie to CCTV here but not so new to PC/Networks.

Hopefully someone can help with what I hope to achieve. Here's my wish list
  • Good quality 4K Cameras x 8
  • Good quality NVR
  • Mic (at least one camera for the front door)
  • POE
  • Non-Cloud
  • Accessible from outside my home network
  • Visible from within my home network i.e. (browser and or app)
    • Through iPad
    • Through iPhone
  • Email Alerting if possible
I read Turrets are a good option, so happy to go that way.

I plan on housing the NVR in a loft space, from here running the ethernet is an easy option. I understand a loft space can get very warm in the summer months.

With regards to NVRs .... can you logon remotely (within your network) and access the folders where footage is store/archived?

There's just so many brands and re-branded brands, so would like something trusted and Non-Cloud, hence the question to you experts.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi @Martyma

For the cameras, we would recommend the 2385G1 Darkfighter Turret Cameras

For the NVR, we would recommend the DS-7608NI-I2/8P 8-channel NVR or if you think you may expand your system beyond 8 cameras in the future then we would recommend the DS-7616NI-I2/16P 16-channel NVR

The turrets don't feature a built-in mic, the only outdoor model with a built-in mic is the DS-2CD2545FWD-IS 4MP Darkfighter Mini Dome

There is no 8MP/4K Mini Dome model with audio but if you are only covering the area directly in front of the door you don't actually need the 4K resolution and with the Darkfighter tech you get very good low-light/IR performance.

You can access your Hikvision system remotely using Hikvision's own mobile app - Hik-connect

You can access all your recordings via the playback timeline or if you have a smart event enabled (e.g. motion, line crossing, etc...) you can search the recording logs for any time these events were triggered to find specific moments of interest.

Thanks Dan, really appreciate your reply plus the links.

Appreciating I'm very limited on audio recording with cameras, I don't suppose you have experience of the quality of recorded audio the DS-2CD2545FWD-IS gives?

Thanks

Appreciating I'm very limited on audio recording with cameras, I don't suppose you have experience of the quality of recorded audio the DS-2CD2545FWD-IS gives?
Thanks

We have had a little bit of experience using cameras with built-in Microphones but mainly only testing indoors in our office, but from that experience, we can say that for indoor use and for picking up audio over short distances (less than 10m) outdoors, cameras with built-in mics are ok to use. If you want to position to cover a larger area (further than 10m) then we wouldn't bother with audio as the small mics they use are not going to pick up clear or useful audio over that kind of distance.

The camera with the mic is going to be outdoor, under a soffit/porch pointing at the front door.

I think I'll suck it and see with your suggestion. Just one question, looking at the data/spec sheet what's the best for my usage?

Focal Length of 2.8mm or 4mm ?

Thanks

Focal Length of 2.8mm or 4mm ?

2545-IS FoV specs:

2.8mm - Horizontal field of view: 102°
4mm - Horizontal field of view: 79°

If it is only covering the small area directly in front of the door then we would recommend the 2.8mm

Hi,
looking at installing the aforementioned spec, but just a have a couple of questions with regards to a couple of slightly different requirements.

a) Also looking to have a dome camera mounted in the eaves/soffit of porch at the front door - is there a dome camera with a mic that I could plug in a speaker. In order that I can speak to visitors at my door?
b) I wanted to mount a camera, higher up on the roof soffit to monitor my vehicles at the end of my drive - distance circa 15metres, with good night vision. Is there a better camera for this purpose.

regards
Matt

Hi,
looking at installing the aforementioned spec, but just a have a couple of questions with regards to a couple of slightly different requirements.

a) The 2545-IS will do this as it has Audio I/O terminals to connect a secondary audio device
b) The 2385G1 I also recommend earlier will be fine to cover 15m

Back