01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Newly fitted hard drive - now my NVR is beeping?

Barry webb

Hi new to this I have a leshp NVR model nvr-5010w10.
I have been running it with a 500gb HDD since new with no problems but the other day I needed to go back 3 weeks to find someone on my cameras and it will not go back that far so I thought I would update the HDD I purchased a HDD size 2TB when I fit it I can hear the HDD starting but the NVR just beeps and won't run had any one any ideas it's says it can take upto 4TBs.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Barry.

Have you formatted the HDD in the NVR?
There should be an option/setting to do this with a newly fitted hard drive.

Hi when I fit the new drive the picture on screen goes off and NVR just keeps beeping.

Do you have a manual for the NVR that confirms it is possible to replace the HDD?
Did you fit the original HDD, or did the NVR come from the factory with that fitted?

Hi I fitted the original HDD myself 500gb just trying to up grade it would it be the power supply its 12v 2amp?

I don't think the larger capacity HDD will draw more power.
But sometimes switching off a PSU for the first time in years can cause it to fail.
Will it restart the previous HDD OK?

Hi all sorted changed the PSU to a 12v 5amp and it's found the new HDD that's for your help anyway.
Barry

Hi new to this I have a leshp NVR model nvr-5010w10.
I have been running it with a 500gb HDD since new with no problems but the other day I needed to go back 3 weeks to find someone on my cameras and it will not go back that far so I thought I would update the HDD I purchased a HDD size 2TB when I fit it I can hear the HDD starting but the NVR just beeps and won't run had any one any ideas it's says it can take upto 4TBs.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Barry.
surely u need to innitialise HDD before it can work

I don't think the larger capacity HDD will draw more power.
But sometimes switching off a PSU for the first time in years can cause it to fail.
Will it restart the previous HDD OK?
Hi yes both HDDs work fine and I've tried it with two 2tb drives and it all works as it should .
I did read somewhere about the power supply being on the low side .
With the 2a supply I got nothing but would run a 500gb ok an still does but not the 2tb one.
Barry

Back