01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Night Vision on Hikvision IP Camera

Keith Butler

Hi, I have a Hikvision Hilook IPC-D150 (H-M) camera connected to a Hikvision NVR 104, I am trying to turn the Infrared light off because I am getting a lot of glare off my car because it is close to the camera, I have gone direct into the NVR but can only find a Day/Night control, does this disable the Infrared Light? There is plenty of street lighting so I don't
NVR 1.jpg
Camera 1.jpg
think light will be a problem, I have attached a pictures of Day/Night in the Configuration of the NVR and the problem

I have gone direct into the NVR but can only find a Day/Night control, does this disable the Infrared Light?

Yes - try it?
See what options it offers.
With that kit you may be limited to day = colour = no IR as your only option?

I have the same NVR and cameras.

The 'Day/Night Switch' sets the selected camera to day, night or auto switch mode according to the surrounding illumination

Last edited:
MY HIK VISION COLORVU DS-2CD2047G1-L, 6MM monitors a forrest lane running along my house. Since I was burgled from that lane I keep a watch using this camera. I was however not satisfied with the quality of the images taken at night. I solved the problem by fixing high above the camera a LED 800 LUMEN FLOODLIGHT wich is connected to a motion detector, located about 10 m from the camera. I set the camera at zero BRIGHTNESS AND a 20 SATURATION AND EXPOSER TIME 1/25 (OR EVEN LESS) AND SET ON DAY SWITCH. The image will be pitch black unless the flood light lights up. The recorded image was amasingly good, with sharp face recognition at 10 m from the camera and good colour. The settings are important to avoid over exposure. Will post later pics.

Back