01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Night vision on mini bullet terrible

DaveA

Hi
Just got the mini ptz 5mp running.
Image is very good during the day but at night it is terrible. Tried all sorts of settings. Uploaded a snapshot from the bullet and my Hikvision taken at the same time. Any ideas?

Attachments

• _20180314-201752_1_6.jpg
    _20180314-201752_1_6.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 416
  • 192.168.1.88_01_20180314201249439.jpg
    192.168.1.88_01_20180314201249439.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 459
Hi, my 2MP Mini PTZ was exactly the same in the beginning. Possibly there is some remaining moisture from the assembly site. The breathing vent should let it out in less than one day. I would be really interested to compare the low light performance between 5MP and 2MP models. One possibility is to make a still image of clear starry sky and see how dim stars can be resolved.

Hi Dave,
That's an odd-looking image, very pixellated and low-res looking - problems with settings would be my first guess.

Have you updated the camera to the latest firmware?
If not, I'd recommend that you update it, and then perform a factory reset and start again.

The latest firmware is available to download from this Forum here:
https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/resources/milesight-camera-firmware-b.19/

Let me know how you get on.

Hi
Logged in this morning and the picture is very good again? Seems to be night time giving me problems.
I already have latest SW installed and will try again tonight as Mal suggests. If it is no better I will try a factory reset.

Hi Dave,

Just in case there is anything peculiar about your night-time settings, you could try a quick Reset and Save on the below screen page in Configuration before a full reset.

Milesight day night settings 15-3-18.png

As it started to get dark I checked the Milesight camera against the Hikvision.
The Milesight was considerable darker and the IR came on much earlier. A little later I checked again and the Hikvision picture was still bright without IR. The Milesight was darker with IR on. I turned IR off and the picture was very dark although it was still sharp unlike last night.
I then reset and saved Day/Night mode. Made no difference and I did not notice any value changes either.
I then did a factory reset. IR was on but the picture was much brighter. I switched IR off and the street lighting was still able to provide a bright sharp picture. I think this is working correctly now. Looking at the image settings I could only see that fps had changed from 20 to 10 and bit rate had changed from 6144 to 8192. I changed them back to what had previously been set and the picture was still sharp and bright. I have now changed them back to default again even though I had not changed them in the first place.

I don't know what the problem was but I am happy it seems to be fixed.

Mal, If we ever get a clear night I will capture the stars and post here. Is there any special settings I need?

Back