01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NightVision issues

RealMode

Hello guys,
I recently bought a NVR and exterior IP camera IP4 from HikVision. When the night-vision kick-in one of the camera that is 10 cm close to a white wall capture only the white wall and nothing else, everything else is black around, I think because the wall is so bright. I mention that the camera is installed parallel with one wall and the position cannot be changed. Is there any workaround for this particular problem?
Thanks.

Hello guys,
I recently bought a NVR and exterior IP camera IP4 from HikVision. When the night-vision kick-in one of the camera that is 10 cm close to a white wall capture only the white wall and nothing else, everything else is black around, I think because the wall is so bright. I mention that the camera is installed parallel with one wall and the position cannot be changed. Is there any workaround for this particular problem?
Thanks.

If you can't change the camera's position or even rotate the lens away from the wall then there is little you can do that will give you massive improvement in IR performance. The only thing you may be able to do, and this depends on the exact camera model, is to go into the cameras image settings and play around with the WDR and HLC (High Light Compensation) settings to try and reduce the overexposure you are seeing from that white wall, but this will not be a perfect solution and may not actually be possible with the model you have.

Back