01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No audio on my Samsung tv from my new Hikvision 7208huhi-k1/4s(b) DVR?

pj68

Hi,
I recently upgraded my cctv to a new dvr, displayed on my samsung tv. Display is ok but i cannot get any sound. I have connected hdmi lead to two other tv,s and the sound is ok.
Any advice would be very helpfull.

Solution
Scrap last message - found it. If you can confirm yours is iDS 7208HUHI-K1/4S(B) The latest firmware is 4.26.010 build_200923 and is available here:

Bingo! Your issue is detailed in the release notes:

14. Solve the problem: some HDMI monitors have no audio output.
What's the make and model of your DVR please?

Upvote 0
The dvr is a hikvision model no is: ds-7208huhi-k1/4s(b). I cannot understand why this is happening as my other dvr worked faultless.

Upvote 0
As it has worked with other TVs we'll assume that the audio output from the DVR is OK.

Are there other HDMI inputs to your TV that you could try connecting to?
Most modern TVs have 2 or 3 HDMI inputs nowadays.
These can be to different standards.

Upvote 0
The tv has 2 more hdmi ports which i have tried but they do not work but are ok with other devices. When i was using my old dvr i noticed that under the hdmi icon it said pc but with the hikvision connected it says unknown. This does seem strange.

Upvote 0
Perhaps take a look at the other settings discussed for the HDMI output in this recent thread:

Upvote 0
Other than the HDMI output setting (switch from Auto to VGA/HDMI) I cannot think of anything that could cause it on the DVR side. If you say there is audio when you connect this new DVR to another TV, then that proves that the cameras Video Type is set to Video & Audio in the camera settings. If you've tried the other ports and you've tried a different cable it's TV related.

The Samsung TVs auto detect the device type the first time the HDMI is selected but you can usually change it - it shouldn't make a difference. Go into the Samsung settings > Sound and check the settings there are correct - in advanced there is a reset sound option. If you have this TV hooked up to a 5.1 receiver that's a potential cause and you may need to look at connections/settings elsewhere (optical out from TV to receiver). For instance on mine, if I switch the TV to the HDMI where the CCTV is connected I also have to switch the receiver to the TV input which sends the NVR HDMI audio out the TV via optical to the receiver for output on the 5.1 speakers. Ignore the last paragraph if you're just using the TV internal speakers

Upvote 0
Hi ,i have checked above settings but cannot see anything wrong. My dvr runs on firmwear v4.26.001 build 200617, and having spoken to hikvision support they have said that there is a known problem with the audio and there is a firmware upgrade, though they have yet to email the link to me.
I have searched the internet for this file but cannot find it.

Upvote 0
Hi ,i have checked above settings but cannot see anything wrong. My dvr runs on firmwear v4.26.001 build 200617, and having spoken to hikvision support they have said that there is a known problem with the audio and there is a firmware upgrade, though they have yet to email the link to me.
I have searched the internet for this file but cannot find it.
The DVR firmwares are a bit of a mine field if you're not sure what platform your particular model uses. What's strange is that I'm struggling to find a newer version for what I think is yours. Can you confirm whether your model starts DS or iDS (which is the AcuSense)?

Upvote 0
Scrap last message - found it. If you can confirm yours is iDS 7208HUHI-K1/4S(B) The latest firmware is 4.26.010 build_200923 and is available here:

Bingo! Your issue is detailed in the release notes:

14. Solve the problem: some HDMI monitors have no audio output.

Upvote 1
Solution
Bingo! Thankyou very much.
Update installed and worked first time and audio works perfect on all four mics. Glad i posted on the forum as i been waiting for forward link from hikvision technician since Tuesday.

Upvote 0
Back