01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No audio on playback DS-2CD2347G1-LU ColorVu

gilders

I have audio on Live feed, but non on Playback.
I have followed steps on this thread - How-to: - How To Set Up Live View & Playback Audio on Hikvision Cameras
but when I get to the step Configuration > Storage > Schedule Settings the box that appears is not the same as the one showing in the other thread. The box showing on my camera has the following options - Overwrite, Pre-record, Post-record, stream type.

I have firmware V5.6.5 build 200316 for my camera and V4.40.015 build 200616 for NVR.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have exactly the same firmware as you and I do have the enable audio under the advanced tab, so that is odd.
In fact I followed the exact same thread to sort my lack of recorded audio a while ago.
Are you logging into the NVR via a web browser?

I have exactly the same firmware as you and I do have the enable audio under the advanced tab, so that is odd.
In fact I followed the exact same thread to sort my lack of recorded audio a while ago.
Are you logging into the NVR via a web browser?
Thanks for the reply.
I thought that I had gone through the same procedure with all cameras AND nvr. But going through every stage, on each device, I found that I hadn't gone on to the Advance button in Schedule settings on the NVR. I found the Record audio tab there.

Out of curiosity, how have you set your cameras up? (as in picture quality, WDR, Gain, etc, etc) No problem if you haven't got the time/access to these settings.

@gilders
I have 3 ColorVu‘s covering the front of my property and a relatively well lit scene via street lights but the local authority do turn them off between fixed hrs, so that is when I enable the cameras own LEDs to turn on. I also have a porch light which is on from dawn to dusk.
Am very happy with the images apart from the porch camera which is affected slightly by the close proximity of the porch light: It causes a slight purple haze, and darkens the image further out, even thought the light itself is not in direct view of the camera. I need to try and change the porch light to see if I can improve the situation.

Anyhow my settings have been tweaked to give a good night image for Motion.
Out of the box the ColorVu‘s ghost badly, as you will of no doubt found.

Everything I’ve done has been by trial and error.

They are set up as follows:
video quality - Highest
bitrate - variable
framerate - 15fps
video encoding - H264

camera image settings
Brightness - 60
Contrast - 30
Saturation - 50
Sharpness - 50
Exposure Fixed 1/50
gain 100
BLC, WDR & HLC all off
White balance - AWBI
image noise reduction - Normal
noise reduction level - 50

Supplementary LED set to come on at fixed time with brightness of only 5.

@IED Thanks.

Did you have issues with H265/H265+?
I currently have mine set to H265+. I only have basic broadband with upload speed a little under 1Mbs, so I thought H265+ might be preferential (plus the extra saving of storage on HDD).

@gilders
Yes, I had issues with both H265+ and H265: All related to HD playback on other devices within the same local network.
I have a thread on here about it.
Issues went away with H264, so that’s what I use.

Back