01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No camera listed in SADP

Jhem

I have a DS-2CD2423G0-IW and SADP can't detect my device. I can see the IP address of the device in the DHCP client list but I also can't access it via browser. I've already tried installing different versions of SADP and also hard reset the device multiple times.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Jhem

Is the camera connected to your local network via a PoE injector/switch or is it directly connected to an NVR?
Are you running SADP on a PC or Mac?
What version of SADP are you running? (see version number under the info section in the top right of the SADP tool)

Upvote 0
Hi @Jhem

Is the camera connected to your local network via a PoE injector/switch or is it directly connected to an NVR?
Are you running SADP on a PC or Mac?
What version of SADP are you running? (see version number under the info section in the top right of the SADP tool)
The camera is directly connected to the router using a lan cable, I'm running SADP on PC and the version is v3.0.4.2

Upvote 0
Thanks,

Do you have a Windows Firewall and/or 3rd-party security software running on the PC where you are running SADP?

Some security software may require you to add Hikvision applications like SADP or iVMS-4200 to their safe application list to allow them to reach onto your local network and see the devices.

Upvote 0
I've also tried disabling the firewall when running SADP and I currently have no 3rd-party security software installed on the PC.

Upvote 0
Ok, very strange.

What version of Windows are you currently using?

Can you share with us a diagram/sketch of the layout of your system? (e.g. show us where the PC, router, camera, switch, any other PoE devices, etc... are in relation to each other)

Upvote 0
I'm using windows 10.

The connection is that, my PC is connected to the ethernet port 1 of the router, while the CCTV camera is connected to ethernet port 2 of the router which is the only relation to each other. I tried connecting the camera directly to my PC and SADP can detect the camera. However, an "error 2015: others" occurs when inserting a password, which I think is because of the difference between the IP address and the subnet mask.

Upvote 0
Try disabling the router's wi-fi for a quick re-check in SADP? (in case the camera is connecting wirelessly)
Are you using a POE injector?
Is that IEEE802.3af/t compliant?

SADP is a very basic level network scan for known manufacturer MAC addresses, it seldom fails ...

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply,

I tried disabling the wi-fi but still no avail.
I'm not using a PoE injector since I have a power source connected to the camera. I simply connected the camera directly to a non-PoE lan port.

Upvote 0
It's a weird one.
You have a very basic network configuration.
SADP works at a very basic level.

Are you using known good network cables to do this?
e.g. shop-bought short patch leads, not home-made cables.

Do you have another PC or laptop that you could check with?

You mentioned that you can see the camera's IP address in the router's table, what happens if you ping that IP address?
What model is your router?
Is it a modern type that perhaps identifies the camera?

Upvote 0
I also thought that my cable is the problem, since I crimped my own cable. So I borrowed some shop-bought cables from friends, but still no use. I already activated the camera by connecting it directly to the PC. I think the router is the problem, what I'm using is an ISP provided router and the device model is AN5506-04-FA. I tried pinging the IP address but the reply is that the "Destination host is unreachable".

Upvote 0
I think that you've ruled out just about everything except the router.
Although, it'd be an unusual setup that would cause the problem you are seeing e.g. having the PC and the camera connected to adjacent router LAN ports is pretty basic.

Upvote 0
Back