01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No Connection to Hikvision iVMS-4500

Keith Butler

Hi, I have installed Hikvision mobile app iVMS-4500 this works fine on my home WIFI and I also have a laptop with Hilook vision and this works fine using the same WIFI, when I try to use my phone app away from home it will not connect, I have been told this is because I need to set the port forwarding, can anyone advise me of what details I need to add and where to, I have a Hikvision NVR-104MH-C/4P and Virgin Media Hub 3

Hi @Keith Butler

iVMS-4500 is Hikvision's old mobile app - the simplest solution is to use the newer Hik-Connect, which does not require you to forward ports:

If you would rather use iVMS-4500, then this guide explains port forwarding:

Hi Kyle, I have followed your instructions and I am stuck on the port forwarding bit, I have attached pictures of my NVR ports and the Virgin Media hub page for the ports to be entered, could you tell me which numbers go where?
Many Thanks

Attachments

• HiLook Ports.jpg
    HiLook Ports.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 325
  • Virgin Hub 3.jpg
    Virgin Hub 3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 276
Yes it does. Is the best way to try this turning my iPhone WiFi off and turning on my mobile data

Yes it does. Is the best way to try this turning my iPhone WiFi off and turning on my mobile data
Best to test with your mobile data, did you setup your DDNS or do you have a fixed public IP address? Don't post your public IP or DDNS URL here.

Hi David, I did try to set the DDNS, I have attached a Pic of it which info should go in? I have blanked out my NVR IP address
Hi Keith, can you delete the picture from your last post?

Let's check your port forwarding first.
You can still test port forwarding without using dyndns. Get your current public IP from whatismyip Open a browser and in the address bar enter your public IP address and the NVR external port number you created in the port forward rule. example http://123.456.789.111:nnnnn

its been a while since I used DynDNS.
I think the server is the DynDNS update server but I cannot find one. leave it blank for now.
for the Domain field it should be the DynDNS domain you created like yourdomain.dyndns.net.

Sorry, Yes the port is open

This may not work with a browser as you are using internal port 8000. Open a browser and in the address bar enter your public IP address and the NVR external port number you created in the port forward rule. example http://123.456.789.111:nnnnn

add your public ip to ivms4500 and use the nvr external port number.

Hi David, I entered the correct public IP Address and external port number to the ivms-4500 and its working fine on Mobile Data,
Many thanks for your help

Hi David, I entered the correct public IP Address and external port number to the ivms-4500 and its working fine on Mobile Data,
Many thanks for your help
Your public IP address may change, next is to check using your DDNS Account.

You won't need DynDNS or any other such service with Virgin Media. The IP is tied to your hardware and only likely to change if you get a new Hub from VM or they make significant changes to the network. The last such change where I am (in the North East) was last October and other than that my IP address has not changed in 5 years.

Thanks David, I am in the North East as well so hopefully the next 5 years will be fine as well

@Keith Butler morning. When you are watching video, using mobile data, use the SD (sub stream) video setting. HD (main stream) video playback may be unreliable.

Thanks David, Normally when I am away from home I can hook on to another WIFI to check things but I will remember that about the sub stream, I am just glad I can now use the mobile app when I am away from home

Back