01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No file found

flycop2000

Hi,
I have a DS-7616NI-K2 NVR with the cameras set for continuous recording. When I try and playback from a camera on my PC web browser I get the message 'No file found' however I can play back any of my cameras recordings on my iPhone using the Hik connect App.
NVR firmware is 4.40.015

Any ideas?

Hi @flycop2000

Which internet browser and operating system are you using? Do you see the same issue in Internet Explorer (not Edge) and iVMS-4200?

Does this make any difference?

Hi,
I tried running IE11 as Admin but I still get the same error message!

Can you upload a screenshot please?
Full screen capture (PrtScn) with the error showing please.

Sorry about the delay in replying.

1600331983876.png

Hi @flycop2000

Thanks for the above screenshot, can you also share a screenshot of your record settings for the camera channel you have selected in the above screenshot (rear garden)?

Also, make sure to access from IE and not Edge, I know you say the issue is present when accessed from either but if we are to get playback working it will be in IE and not Edge as the Hikvision video plug-in is not supported by Edge.

Ok, can you also share a screenshot of your record/storage schedule for this camera and the storage management menu?

Thanks @flycop2000

It looks like you will need to format your HDDs, they usually only show 0.00GB of free space if they are new HDDs which have only just been installed and never formatted, which is something you should always do after installing a new HDD.

To format both of those HDDs simply tick the boxes for each HDD on the left side of the HDD list and then click the Format button at the top of the table. Once complete the HDD free space should display as almost the full capacity of the HDDs. (e.g. the first HDD should have free space of around 3600-3700GB)

After formatting make sure to check that Overwriting has been enabled because otherwise when all the storage space has been used the cameras will stop recording, you can find the overwriting settings under the Advanced Settings of the Storage menu. (see below)

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 09.49.27.png

Hi Dan,
I'll format the disks and see what happens, the disks have been installed in the NVR for more than a year. I can view recordings from my iPhone using the Hik connect App without a problem. I'll let you know the outcome.

Hi @flycop2000

Can you confirm if the HDD in the NVR are the only storage you are using? Do you have MicroSD cards fitted in the camera(s)?

Have you ever been able to view footage from the NVR browser menu? Is this the first time you have attempted to view footage from the browser since setting your NVR up?

Be aware that if you do not have any other storage set up formating the HDDs will erase all footage from the cameras.

Back