01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 No HikConnect Button on iVMS

chyron8472

I'm trying to set up the iVMS 4200 Windows app on my office's workstations, but the HikConnect bubble at the top of the app is missing on some workstations. Do you know why or how to resolve this?

1633015456060.png

In addition, the security camera company that installed the cameras said that logging in to HikConnect to access the cameras shows a higher fidelity camera feed than simply connecting directly to the cameras' IP/port with a username and password. I don't think I believe that. Is this true? If so, why?

Last edited:
I'm trying to set up the iVMS 4200 Windows app on my office's workstations, but the HikConnect bubble at the top of the app is missing on some workstations. Do you know why or how to resolve this?

View attachment 6712

In addition, the security camera company that installed the cameras said that logging in to HikConnect to access the cameras shows a higher fidelity camera feed than simply connecting directly to the cameras' IP/port with a username and password. I don't think I believe that. Is this true? If so, why?
Not sure on the iVMS issue. Direct connection without going through HikConnect should give the best image - if your connection is ok you'll get the camera stream as configured, if your connection is flakey you'll be forced to switch from Clear to fluent (to view the lower res sub stream) but either way the video will be streamed as configured in the camera. Going via HikConnect, I believe it's managed, so if your connection is not so great, the quality is reduced.

Direct connection without going through HikConnect should give the best image
That made sense to me as well. Security company was giving me the run around when I asked for the IP and un/pw for the cameras. But once I got them, it worked well with high quality picture.

I don't know why they were hesitant to give the local credentials to me.

Back