01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No image when logged in to The IP of a Hikvision Camera

Philip 123

Hikvision NVR Model DS-7616N1-K2/16P

Firmware Version = v3.4.98 build 171121

Using Internet Explorer 11

Four of 11 cameras have no live view when I log on to the cameras using their IP.

I’ve swopped the POE port with a camera that does work with a camera that does not work and it still does not show on live view.

It does show on live view when I log into Hik connect on my PC and on the app on my phone.

All the cameras use port 8000 which I’ve allowed on the firewall but was not able to allow on the EE router. But I don't think this matters as the other cameras do show live view when I log on to them with the camera IP and they use port 8000.

I also disabled the routers firewall for a very short while and they still did not show.

The reason why I want to log on to a camera via its IP is that I want to create a Minimum box in Intrusion and line detect. Since I bought the system 3 years ago I‘ve had the push notifications disabled because there are too many false alarms and I’ve tried EVERYTHING to not get them.

Can anyone help please.

Hi @Philip 123

The first thing that may be causing you problems is NVR firmware, you are running a very old firmware version. (more than 14 versions behind the latest firmware)

As you are so many versions behind we would recommend updating your firmware in steps, start by updating to the last v3 firmware (v3.4.112), once updated to that version you will then want to update to the first v4 firmware (v4.30.005), you should then be ok to update from that initial v4 firmware to the latest v4 firmware (v4.31.105).

If after updating the NVR firmware you are still seeing this issue with some of the cameras can you please reply here with the camera models you have and the current firmware versions they are running? (it's likely if the NVR firmware was out of date that the camera firmware will also be out of date)

Thank you Dan,

I have installed the NVR Firmware in steps and I now have v4.31.105

I also installed the cameras’ Firmware:

Model = DS-2CD2385FWD-I Firmware = V5.6.6 210625

Model = DS-2CD2442FWD-IW Firmware = V5.5.82 190909

It all worked really well but this morning, when I logged on and hit the Event Tab Internet Explorer 11 crashes to desktop.

Please help

Yes it has crashed multiple times also Live view does not work in the Google chrome/IE11 add on but I'm not worried about that.

Ok, have you tried clearing the browser cache? (the browser may still be holding onto old data from when you access the NVR running the old firmware)

I've cleared the Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Download history, Form Data, but it still crashes multiple times.

ok, the only other thing I could suggest to try at the moment would be to reboot the NVR.

If you are struggling to access any of the NVR menus without it crashing then you may have to reboot it by physically flicking the power switch off on the back of the NVR, I would then leave it for about a minute to make sure it has fully powered down, and then flick the power back on and see if the browser access has improved.

I shut the NVR down and unpluged it and started it up again but it still crashes to desktop.

When I log in to the camera IP (I have 11 cameras) 3 of the 11 do not have Live view.

I've fixed it.
All I had to do is go to configuration/Maintenance/Restore
It reads next to Restore "Reset all the parameters, except the IP parameters and user information, to the default settings"

I had to do this to all the eleven cameras. If I did not do just one camera it crashed to desktop.

It keeps the the firmware the same.

Thank you Dan for putting me on the right track.

Reactions: Dan
Good to hear @Philip 123

I thought factory resetting/restoring the system may solve the issue, but I had asked Hikvision support if they could suggest another solution before I told you to reset it :)

I spoke to soon.
I CANNOT get push notifications on my Hik Connect app on my Android phone using Line Crossing and Intrusion.
I can get Push notifications using Motion which is as much use as a chocolate teapot as there are to many false alarms.

I've been looking on the forums for an answer and after reading all the threads, it is an extremely widespread problem and for me, it is really serious.

It looks like the Hik Connect app does not work properly.

I have not found a solution after scouring hundreds of threads.

I have tried iVMS 4500 but it will not let me register push notifications.

In 2022 Microsoft are withdrawing their support for Internet Explorer 11 so what are we all going to do then.

What on earth can we all do to MAKE Hikvision do something about all of this.

I've spoken to the company that sold my CCTV to me in 2018 and he said,
"the new NVR's are still using Internet Explorer 11"
I can hardly believe this. I want to buy more cameras and another NVR but I certainly will not be buying Hikvision because in 2022, I might not be able to access the interface because of No more IE11

Just in case I have something entered wrong here are my details:-

The preferred DNS is 8.8.8.8

Alternative DNS 8.8.4.4
These DNS are different to what my router reads

HTTP Port 82
RTSP Port 554
HTTPS Port 443
Server port 8000

I have DDNS enabled

I have checked the box Notify Surveillance Center on Intrusion and Line Crossing.

I have enabled Push Notifications on the app in both places.

I have disabled Do not disturb on my phone.

I have disabled WiFi and enabled Mobile Data and vice versa and both on.

I have disabled my firewall.

I have allowed The interface IP on the firewall.

Can anyone help

Back