01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No live preview when connecting via IP

saunders1989

I am trying to create smart events on my cameras but I can't get any live preview when accessing the NVR via IP address. I can see the camera working on the hik connect app.

I have installed IVMS 4200 on my macbook and when I click main view I can see the live view of my camera. When i try and setup events in that application I can't because for example trying line detection there isnt a way to draw a box like you can move the box when connecting to the NVR directly.

My NVR is DS-7608NI-I2/8P

I am connecting to the NVR via IP on google chrome. Have tried firefox and still same issue.

I had this issue recently and it was working previously so I have done a factory restore but still not solved. any ideas greatly welcomed

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 179
There are quite a few newer versions than that firmware, the latest version is v4.51.025

We would recommend updating to this latest version to see if that resolves the browser issue.

When i do a check online to do an upgrade it says i am on the current latest version

Yes, unfortunately, that feature has been broken for years and does not provide the correct information. We have asked Hikvision support on multiple occasions to fix or remove this feature but they still leave it broken and this often leads to customers not being on the latest firmware.

ah okay. i downloaded the latest firmware, unzipped it and it seems to have rebooted and when connected to it via ip trying to login. it is now saying my username and password is incorrect.

As you have updated through multiple firmware versions you may need to clear your browser cache and then try logging in again.

You were right! i have now logged in but still no live preview on the browser

Hi @saunders1989

Are all cameras not displaying live preview or is it just one camera? Which camera models have the issue and what firmware are they running?

We have an I-series NVR in our office running that same firmware and we don't see this issue on the connected cameras.

All cameras (currently only 1 is able to connect) are not showing live preview currently.

Another question which I'm stumbling over. I had 3/4 cameras working before I did a reset (1 camera I think the network cable wasn't good) but no live preview for any on the NVR.

The camera models are DS-2CD2387G2-LU but how do you find the firmware of them?

Now i have "Offline(User name or password error)" all against the other 3 cameras. I have modified it to add manually instead of plug and play and used my admin password to do it but still no luck.

Ok, for the 3 cameras not showing online I would recommend unplugging the cameras (one at a time) from the NVR PoE ports, leave them unplugged for about 30-40 seconds, and then plug them back in. The NVR firmware update may have caused some confusion between the NVR and cameras.

With the one camera that is online, you can enable Virtual Host and this should allow you to log in to the camera directly and see what firmware it is currently running.

Ive logged in to the camera and as i did that it said live preview failed. the firmware is this - V5.5.801 build 210727

I have also unplugged the others and tried again but still saying the same error

I have found the latest firmware for the 1 working camera and updated to that version but it still said live preview failed

Hi @saunders1989

This is strange, we have a 2386G2 camera connected to our NVR and that is working fine. (this is on a Desktop Mac as well)

The only other thing I can think to try would be to hard reset the cameras and try reconnecting/reactivating them to see if that resolves the issue.

Do the cameras have to online to do this? otherwise i have to do the hard reset for all of them except one and trying to avoid that

To login to the cameras and reset them from the backend they have to be online, but you can hard reset the cameras using the physical reset button on the cameras. (see the final section of the forum thread I just linked you to)

The one camera i have working i can now see live preview. thank you.

should i start a new question about the username or password issue along with network abnormal issue?

Reactions: Dan
Yes, as they are different issues I would recommend creating new threads with specific/clear titles so other users can help if they know the answers.

Back