01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No Live View Ivms-4500 iPhone

Hikory

I recently installed Ivms-4500 lite on both an iPad and iPhone. I only wish to use them on my home network linked to a Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P with 5 poe cameras. All seems fine with the iPad but although I can play recordings on the iPhone I can't get Live View to work. The Cameras are listed but when I attempt to get Live View working with any of them the symbol spins for a second then stops with no message. Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I might resolve?

I managed to resolve this. The setup process for Ivms-4500 on the iPhone is not the same as that for the iPad. Among other differences, it didn't request entry of the NVR Verification Code at any point. I eventually saw that there was an option to do so within the App and when I did Live View produced error code 8200 which I found could be overcome by disabling Enable Stream Encryption on the NVR (I presume that unlike the iPad the phone can't handle the encryption).

It seems strange that the iPhone could view recordings without disabling encryption or entering the Verification Code, but not Live View.

Both Hikvision and Ivms are new to me. I am sure my ignorance and lack of experience have contributed, but the various instructions available seem neither definitive nor clear.

Last edited:
I recently installed Ivms-4500 lite on both an iPad and iPhone. I only wish to use them on my home network linked to a Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P with 5 poe cameras. All seems fine with the iPad but although I can play recordings on the iPhone I can't get Live View to work. The Cameras are listed but when I attempt to get Live View working with any of them the symbol spins for a second then stops with no message. Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I might resolve?
I changed to a iphone 7 from an android phone, ivms-4500 installed on iphone, phone finds dvr but no cameras when you select live view wheel spins for a second ans stops, DVR settings were not touched it and worked perfect on the android phone

Its been over a year since I started this thread, but I thought it might be helpful to some to post the following tip. Ivms searches for the IP address of the NVR. If the NVR is set to use DHCP to assign the IP address, a power cut or router reboot can reassign a new address. The Ivms app will retain all the old info about your setup but will only search for the IP address it last connected to and if that is no longer valid it will report a failure to connect when the user attempts to use live view or play recordings. It is necessary to change/edit the IP address in Ivms to match that on the NVR.

We always recommend that people assign static/fixed IP addresses through the SADP tool for any IP CCTV equipment being set up on their network precisely because of the reasons mentioned above. Leaving DHCP turned on will mean that if any of the equipment power cycles then it may be assigned a new IP address and not discoverable as a result.

Toggling DHCP in SADP is useful for finding an open IP address on your network as it saves you going through all the IPs that are in use to identify the ones that aren't. So you can tick the box for "Enable DHCP" in the device's network parameters to assign it to an open IP, and then untick the box again. This will keep the device assigned to this open, and now static, IP.

The DHCP tick box in SADP is shown below:

DHCP hik-connect.png

Thanks for that Kyle Mc. For some reason I was never able to disable the Enable DHCP on my NVR (I can't recall ever enabling it but presumably did). However I carried out a factory reset and now it seems fine.

Back