01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No motion identifiers in any app.

Calvinder

I can't figure out how to see were motion was detected in playback on iVMS 4200, iVMS4500 or on hik connect . The only place I can see it it on the monitor connected directly to the nvr.
I am talking about the green motion identifiers under the blue time line at the bottom. If I search for it I have seen images of the motion identifiers being in the blue timeline on the apps.
But I can't seem to get them to show up.
NVR DS7608NIE28P Cameras DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1 Both with up to date firmware.
Edit Note I just put a memory card in one of the cameras and If I play back that camera directly (not threw the NVR)I see the motion identifiers in the time line.
Seems to be an NVR problem.
Thanks
Calvin

DS-2CD2041G1-IDW|Wi-Fi Series|Hikvision

Last edited:
Hi @Calvinder

Which internet browser and operating system are you using (Windows or macOS)?

Where have you set up motion detecton? If you have only set this up on the camera directly, then this is why you will only see them when on the camera's playback screen.

To be able to see them in the NVR playback, you need to set motion detection up on the NVR too. This guide explains the process - Tutorial Megathread - Setting Up Motion Detection and Email Notifications

Hi Kyle thanks for getting back

I have tried it on iVMS 4500 and hikconect also iVMS4500HD witch are on 3 Android devises, iVMS 4200 on windows 10 Pro. Browsers have nothing to do with them.
I have set motion on the NVR directly via mouse and monitor.
After you mentioning it I just tried it on hik-connect.com with a few different browsers and motion is not there ether. I also took the opportunity to use the browser link to check that the motion was set on NVR. I would assume motion would not show on the NVR ether if it was only set on the camera when there is no memory cards in the cameras. I only put a memory card in one to check for motion on it.

Back