01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect No notifications (or triggered alerts?) from DS-2CD2385G1-I

Skyler

Can you help please? . I just want to capture line crossings and intrusions and see the JPEGs on iPhone. Many hours trying! There is a memory card in the camera but I cant see where it is. I do everything through the IE Browser. Hik Connect app is working as far as I can see. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Basic Info Configuration Tab.jpg
    Basic Info Configuration Tab.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 241
  • Capture Parametres Tab.jpg
    Capture Parametres Tab.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Normal linkage.jpg
    Normal linkage.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Line Crossing.jpg
    Line Crossing.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 258
  • Intrusion Detection.jpg
    Intrusion Detection.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Some of the information we need to see is not in your pics. But offhand your min and max boxes are weird. Make your max box as big as the whole scene. And make your min box just big enough to rule out cats, possums, dogs, etc. And make them square or slightly rectangle. And is there a reason that your line crossing is only one way?

The min and max boxes do not need to be located in the areas that you are monitoring. Just make them anywhere on the screen.

Thank you for your insights. I made a few alterations and I am also noticing now how poor the night view is. It should be better than this I think

Attachments

• Capture Parametres a.jpg
    Capture Parametres a.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 224
  • Intrusion Detection a.jpg
    Intrusion Detection a.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 234
  • Line Crossing a.jpg
    Line Crossing a.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 235
Try putting WDR on and see what that does in relation to the poor night vision.

There is a recent thread I started with much input to settings to help the night vision, I also had a bit of an issue in certain areas.

I'm not sure that you can use line crossing and intrusion on same camera? Maybe you need to check that info.

Also you need to enable recording A1 ( where you modify linkage method). If you don't enable that camera will not record anything.

I need to set my cameras up also for line crossing / intrusion etc

I record continuous 24/7 - won’t that still work along with sending me alerts? Such as motion / line crossing / intrusion?

As i know you can't use both motion and analitics. It wasn't working before ( don't know did they make any changes with latest FW).

But you need to enable recording A1 in linkage.

I’m not sure to be honest currently, haven’t set them up in any detail as yet.

I hoped I could use motion detection and line crossing and intrusion detection, my cameras record 24/7 on continuous mode.

I get the alarm bell pop up constantly on the NVR screen (monitor connected) as it’s still picking up full screen motion detection as default.

So I hoped once setup properly these would come to my phone (as well as pop up on the monitor) and if anything was suspicious my cameras have recorded it anyway as they are on 24/7 continuous.

Example if I was at work I get a notification for line crossing, check the app and assuming it’s just the postman or similar then ignore it, as opposed to a shady character dressed in black with a hoodie!!

I’m not sure to be honest currently, haven’t set them up in any detail as yet.

I hoped I could use motion detection and line crossing and intrusion detection, my cameras record 24/7 on continuous mode.

I get the alarm bell pop up constantly on the NVR screen (monitor connected) as it’s still picking up full screen motion detection as default.

So I hoped once setup properly these would come to my phone (as well as pop up on the monitor) and if anything was suspicious my cameras have recorded it anyway as they are on 24/7 continuous.

Example if I was at work I get a notification for line crossing, check the app and assuming it’s just the postman or similar then ignore it, as opposed to a shady character dressed in black with a hoodie!!

You are correct in assumption. Recording 24/7 plus smart events or motion detection works as normal. People tend to record on motion/event trigger to save HDD space etc, but not too much of a worry now days with h265

It's worth noting motion detection is the least reliable, as it is essentially just comparing pixels so sun etc can trigger the motion. Smart events tend to be more reliable

Thank you - that is good to hear.

Yes I had a spider making a web over the camera last night! Obviously glowing up bright and throwing the rest of the camera off balance!

I will set motion just up just over small areas such as my drive, currently it covers the road / trees etc so is always going off!

Assume by smart events you mean line crossing detection and intrusion detection? Do you know if both of these work on the same camera as questioned in this thread.

Also I noticed a big difference in setting up events such as line crossing detection and intrusion detection depending on if I use the NVR via it’s GUI, NVR web interface or the camera via web interface. As in how it lets you draw boxes / grids / lines etc

That third picture for line crossing - why are the min/max boxes so small and right on top of the line? See my prior post about size and location. And for intrusion your max box is too small.

Yes you can do line and intrusion at the same time.

I'm not sure that you can use line crossing and intrusion on same camera? Maybe you need to check that info.

Also you need to enable recording A1 ( where you modify linkage method). If you don't enable that camera will not record anything.

In the forum here record means video, right?
I just want to capture line crossings and intrusions and see the JPEGs on iPhone.

fullboogie said:
That third picture for line crossing - why are the min/max boxes so small and right on top of the line? See my prior post about size and location. And for intrusion your max box is too small.

Yes you can do line and intrusion at the same time.

Apologies in advance. I will stick to Line Crossing. If the Min box is too big - does this mean it won't trigger for the cat? Alert for the cat would be good! Then, if the Max box is too big - does that mean a small car pulling in would not trigger an alert, because the car is smaller than the box? Is there an actual purpose for having to draw the box?

Attachments

• New Line Crossing.jpg
    New Line Crossing.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 212
Fair questions - I could also do with knowing this!

Does this min box mean anything smaller than it won’t trigger it? And the max box means anything bigger won’t trigger it?

Appreciate it’s obvious for some people, but you don’t really get any guides / instructions with Hik products, understand they have been more geared up to professionals / trade. But for enthusiasts it’s a case of hunting through forums / videos etc

Thanks fullboogie, I was typing that post up while you were replying to the previous post!

How about intrusion detection boxes - can you help us / explain how they work.

Exactly the same for both line and intrusion. Skyler's problem is that the camera is about 100 feet from anything you want to monitor, which means it's going to be difficult to fine tune that min box. You'll just have to keep playing with it.

And Skyler - your intrusion and line crossing has to be set up exactly where you want it. Your last pic shows the line crossing way over to the left in what looks like another property. Was that your intention? And the min box is way too big and will probably not pick up a human.

Fair questions - I could also do with knowing this!

Does this min box mean anything smaller than it won’t trigger it? And the max box means anything bigger won’t trigger it?

Appreciate it’s obvious for some people, but you don’t really get any guides / instructions with Hik products, understand they have been more geared up to professionals / trade. But for enthusiasts it’s a case of hunting through forums / videos etc
I’ve gone through the manual bit by bit and if you don’t already have network camera knowledge, you’ll get lost. It is a translation I’d say, judging bY the vocabulary used and the ambiguous sentence structure - head wrecking!

Attachments

• 7C5C87A1-DF3D-408D-88AD-451237D1BD22.jpeg
    7C5C87A1-DF3D-408D-88AD-451237D1BD22.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 197
Exactly the same for both line and intrusion. Skyler's problem is that the camera is about 100 feet from anything you want to monitor, which means it's going to be difficult to fine tune that min box. You'll just have to keep playing with it.

And Skyler - your intrusion and line crossing has to be set up exactly where you want it. Your last pic shows the line crossing way over to the left in what looks like another property. Was that your intention? And the min box is way too big and will probably not pick up a human.
I’ll have another go at this tomorrow after work. Ironically, I was messing with the motion detection this morning not expecting anything. I got 12 notifications today from it. After none for weeks!!

Attachments

• 1CED8756-03EA-4E79-AF9E-84020364347B.png
    1CED8756-03EA-4E79-AF9E-84020364347B.png
    3 MB · Views: 200
Back