01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No smart markers!! On playback Ds-7608ni-i2

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Can you help me with my issue. Drawing a line on screen on smart playback but and getting no markers ( on any camera) do these Settings look OK to you? Dual vca is enabled.
I get markers for intrusion but not when I draw the line. Any cameras shows no markers and the screen is static.

Attachments

• 20220114_132700.jpg
    20220114_132700.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 187
  • 20220114_135423.jpg
    20220114_135423.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 167
  • 20220114_135507.jpg
    20220114_135507.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 184
  • 20220114_140116.jpg
    20220114_140116.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 199
Even though you have Dual VCA enabled on the camera, you still need to enable line crossing on the channel as well.

1 - Dual VCA only enabled. When you draw a line in smart playback, nothing will be found as line crossing is disabled.

2 - Dual VCA disabled with Line Crossing enabled and configured. Smart playback will show the event markers in the smart playback timeline for the line you drew and configured during setup. When you draw a different line during playback, all of the markers will disappear - nothing will be found as Dual VCA is disabled.

3 - Dual VCA enabled and Line Crossing enabled and configured. Smart playback will show the event markers in the smart playback timeline for the line you drew and configured during setup. When you draw a different line on screen during playback, the markers will update and replace the existing ones to show what has crossed the line just drawn. However, this will show everything that has crossed the line ignoring the AcuSense filter.

Personally I prefer to just set up line crossing where I want it and leave the dual vca disabled.

Edit: In addition to all of the above I just noticed in your last pic that you're not saving the VCA data. The system can't search through it, if it's not there.....

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying though. The line crossing is enabled as I use it to alert me when anyone entries my garden. It sends me an alert in my app and also sets the nvr buzzer off. Dual vca is also enabled.

If I go to smart playback then the markers are there. If I draw a line and search it all markers vanish and there is nothing to play back.

It used to work. A week ago before the step back. I used it when neighbours asked to to check if suspicious people were seen around. And yes it caught cats, foxes, cars people Etc.

I have enabled sudden scene change which now puts markers when movement is detected either out the need to draw the line.

I have now

That's what I'm saying though. The line crossing is enabled as I use it to alert me when anyone entries my garden. It sends me an alert in my app and also sets the nvr buzzer off. Dual vca is also enabled.

If I go to smart playback then the markers are there. If I draw a line and search it all markers vanish and there is nothing to play back.

It used to work. A week ago before the step back. I used it when neighbours asked to to check if suspicious people were seen around. And yes it caught cats, foxes, cars people Etc.

I have enabled sudden scene change which now puts markers when movement is detected either out the need to draw the line.

I have now
OK. So it's because....

Edit: In addition to all of the above I just noticed in your last pic that you're not saving the VCA data. The system can't search through it, if it's not there.....
The camera sends the VCA data needed for the smart search but the NVR just discards it. This setting wasn't always there but it's been in there for several versions of firmware now. I think when they added it in, it is off by default so that caused a bit of confusion.

Obviously if you've now switched it on, that should work again, but you won't get any results until there's some more data recorded.

Great thank you. I put that picture up as I thought it may need to be on. It maybe disabled due to issue I had stepping back. Makes sense I suppose.
I will click on it tomorrow and let you know how I get on later in the day. If it works I will disable motion detection as I never used to have that on.

Great thank you. I put that picture up as I thought it may need to be on. It maybe disabled due to issue I had stepping back. Makes sense I suppose.
I will click on it tomorrow and let you know how I get on later in the day. If it works I will disable motion detection as I never used to have that on.
You're probably better off without Scene Change Detection as well. That's something you enable to detect someone pulling a bullet around to point out of the way or hooding a camera.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 20.03.24.png

OK mate. I will sort the vca out and once working I will disable motion and scene.

Yes. That was the box that needed ticking. The line drawing now works. I have doubled the motion detection now and will double check before I remove sudden scene change. Although I do like the human trigger for that one.

Another question(s) which may be relevant here...

1. In Playback view, is there a way to view in 'Normal' but have it show the 'Smart' events? When I switch to Smart, the playback goes straight to the Smart Event. It would be nice to see what happened before and after the Event.

2. When I do a Smart search for Smart Event e.g. intrusion detection, It only plays a small snippet of the Smart Event. Ideally I can download 30s before and after the Smart Event occurred e.g. Person stealing a car, we're able to see them enter and leave the premises.

Back