01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No Sound from 1/3 cameras, but only when viewing on my phone

Capital_Singer

one of my cameras won't play sound when I view it using IVMS 4500 on my phone. the other 2 are fine.
if I view any camera using IVMS 4200 or web browser, sound is fine.
I've checked all the cameras and the settings are identical (logged into each camera, configuration, video / audio)
can anyone help please?

one of my cameras won't play sound when I view it using IVMS 4500 on my phone. the other 2 are fine.
if I view any camera using IVMS 4200 or web browser, sound is fine.
I've checked all the cameras and the settings are identical (logged into each camera, configuration, video / audio)
can anyone help please?
Are you using an NVR that the cameras connect through? You need to go to the camera settings page and ensure that it's set at Video & Audio for the stream type on both Main Stream AND Sub Stream.

It's likely that your web browser and iVMS 4200 are displaying the Main Stream (1) that is set to Video & Audio while by default iVMS-4500 on the phone is set to Fluent (Sub Stream)

yea all cameras connected to an NVR. I've just been into the video audio settings of the 3rd camera (that won't play sound on IVMS4500) and changed sub stream to video and audio, but that doesn't make a difference, still no sound on my phone

What model camera/NVR is it? Are you accessing the camera settings directly or via the NVR? (You just set the audio on the camera via the NVR Menu:

Camera > Video Parameters > Main Stream/Substream > Stream Type

ok thanks for trying to help so far, but I've still not sorted this.

cameras are DS-2CD2347G2-LU, NVR is a DS-7604NI-K1/4P(b).

Initially I was accessing the camera settings vie the web browser, but I did go up into the loft to try on the monitor, but i couldn't find "camera parameters" ??

whats weird is the 3rd camera (that has no sound when viewed from app) was previously fitted in a different place, and the sound worked perfectly

whats weird is the 3rd camera (that has no sound when viewed from app) was previously fitted in a different place, and the sound worked perfectly
iVMS-4500 can be a little flakey when you make changes to a system such as adding new cameras, name changing of cameras, swapping out cameras. Usually all that's needed is to fully close the app and reopen it, or while on the camera selection screen drag down to refresh the connections; The app will then re establish the connections and any changes will be apparent. If you've tried all that, the easiest next step would be to delete your system from iVMS-4500 in the devices section, restart the app and add it back in again. If you have audio available on both the sub stream and main stream when using a browser or iVMS-4200 then the issue does seem to be solely related to the app. If not I'd be be advising to factory default the affected camera.

Initially I was accessing the camera settings vie the web browser, but I did go up into the loft to try on the monitor, but i couldn't find "camera parameters" ??
It's fine to access the NVR settings via a web browser rather than use the local menu - I usually just advise that you use the NVR webpage menu when possible rather than directly accessing the individual camera menu. The path I gave to get to the camera settings was for an I series recorder on version 4 firmware. On the web browser it's in the Video/Audio settings. As shown in the two images below you need to set it for both main and sub stream. Use the save key after each change to apply it.

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 07.57.21.png
Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 07.57.35.png

well I finally got there. I tried all your suggestions, more than once, and got nowhere. was just about to give up and did one more final logging out and restating the app and then it's finally decided to work! must have just been a glitch

I have DS-7608NI-K1/8P. Connected 6 kamera, and two is with sound. On HDMI i have 1+7 screen. Is there any chance that I have sound from one camera on HDMI? It will be good that i have picture of all kamera and sound from one. In hik connect app sound work automatic when i open one camera. When I put 4 or 9 kamera there is no sound.

I have DS-7608NI-K1/8P. Connected 6 kamera, and two is with sound. On HDMI i have 1+7 screen. Is there any chance that I have sound from one camera on HDMI? It will be good that i have picture of all kamera and sound from one. In hik connect app sound work automatic when i open one camera. When I put 4 or 9 kamera there is no sound.
HDMI output - When you bring up the multiscreen it mutes the sound for all cameras. However if you click the camera picture you want sound from and hover over the lower part of the image for that camera, you'll see a pop up menu/toolbar. There is an icon where you can unmute the audio there.

Hik Connect - while the multiscreen is active you just touch the camera you want the sound to come from and it switches automatically (the active camera has a red outline). If that does not work it is because you don't have "Video & Audio" selected for the sub stream in the camera settings.

Last edited:
Back